The Middle Tennessee Thread

So sorry…..do you know what kind of predator it was?

We set out a trap last night with cat food. Caught a cat this morning. We are going to relocate the cat this evening just to be safe. (It has no collar and doesn't seem well fed.). I called the animal welfare agencies and all are full of cats with waiting lists. This would be the 2nd cat we are trapping and paying to get spaid this year. (We had another that we trapped in our basement after ripping through our HVAC and us having to replace it for 7k.). So we will be relocating this time. I know it's possible it's the cat but not likely. Since we didn't catch a possum and they aren't very smart, I'm assuming it's a raccoon. We are going to try marshmellows with honey or jam tonight and see if we can't catch it again.

Any suggestions or ideas? We are right in the middle of the city so shooting directly isn't an option. However, we will be dispatching this animal when we catch it as to not spread disease or hurt other peoples chickens.

You wouldn't be interested in any pekin ducklings would you? I have 2 that are 3 days old that I'm selling for 5.00 each. I'm in lawrenceburg. Let me know or if you know anyone else who might be interested. Have a great day!

We set out a trap last night with cat food. Caught a cat this morning. We are going to relocate the cat this evening just to be safe. (It has no collar and doesn't seem well fed.). I called the animal welfare agencies and all are full of cats with waiting lists. This would be the 2nd cat we are trapping and paying to get spaid this year. (We had another that we trapped in our basement after ripping through our HVAC and us having to replace it for 7k.). So we will be relocating this time. I know it's possible it's the cat but not likely. Since we didn't catch a possum and they aren't very smart, I'm assuming it's a raccoon. We are going to try marshmellows with honey or jam tonight and see if we can't catch it again.

Any suggestions or ideas? We are right in the middle of the city so shooting directly isn't an option. However, we will be dispatching this animal when we catch it as to not spread disease or hurt other peoples chickens.
I'm so sorry, I'd guess from what you posted it was not a cat death, my moneys on a coon.

If I get them whole I'll cut them in quarters leaving the seeds or smash them if they are older…..I also buy raw pumpkin seeds and they love those.

At Publix after they cut up their watermelons and cantlopes they give me the rinds for nothing and the chickens love those too.

Back
Top Bottom