The Middle Tennessee Thread

Oh fun!!! I thought I remembered you were out this way. We are in White Bluff, but on the Cheatham Co. side. Right off Cedar Hill Rd, the Harpeth is our back line. I would love some of your eggs. I really am not that picky. Just something that will lay well and is purty :)

You homeschooling, still?

I have DMRippy's SBEL. They have been wonderful, great hatch rate, and very healthy chicks. I just had a 3 1/2 oz egg from one hen yesterday, such a pretty blue color!

Last edited:
I am looking for Barred Plymouth Rock, preferably laying but if not, more than 8 weeks old. anyone? I'm new to the chicken thing, but we are loving the ones we have!

Hello All,

Im looking for some Rhode Island Red or Barred Rock pullets in the Chattanooga or surrounding area.

It was suggested I ask in this Middle TN thread as its much more active.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a good supplier/breeder they have had success with in the past?

This will be my first go round with chickens, getting pretty excited to get started.

Thanks for any recommendations.
I went to Funky Feathers farm in Beechgrove. It's about half between Nashville and Chattanooga. They were super nice. They have rocks, Ameracaunas, and black Marans right now. No point of lay though, all chicks. Things were clean and well kept.

I just picked up my first Bantam order
celebrate.gif
It was a feather leg assortment from ideal and all arrived alive! My only question is how do you tell the difference in Brahmas, d'uncles, an cochins? I know silkies have an extra toe but I have no idea how to tell the difference in the others this young.

I just picked up my first Bantam order :celebrate It was a feather leg assortment from ideal and all arrived alive! My only question is how do you tell the difference in Brahmas, d'uncles, an cochins? I know silkies have an extra toe but I have no idea how to tell the difference in the others this young. 

If you can, post pics... many of us could probably help you sort them out... d'uccles usually have slightly different colored/patterned down from the others... :)

Back
Top Bottom