The Middle Tennessee Thread

No I haven't. What do you have?

I have isabelle leghorns, brown leghorns, black copper marans that are all POL or laying. I have a herd of chicks that are getting old enough to pick out pullets. They are BYM, marans and isabelles. The roosters in the BYM are australorp, isbar (Silverudd Blue) and swedish flower hen. The hens in the BYM are marans (black and blue copper, cuckoo, birchen, white), EE, ameraucana, australorp. Very likely to have Olive eggers out of the mixed ones. I also have a small herd of silver ameraucana and Queen Silvia cockerels I am thinning out. It is pretty wild and crazy around here. Please PM me for details!

Last edited:
I have isabelle leghorns, brown leghorns, black copper marans that are all POL or laying. I have a herd of chicks that are getting old enough to pick out pullets. They are BYM, marans and isabelles. The roosters in the BYM are australorp, isbar (Silverudd Blue) and swedish flower hen. The hens in the BYM are marans (black and blue copper, cuckoo, birchen, white), EE, ameraucana, australorp. Very likely to have Olive eggers out of the mixed ones. I also have a small herd of silver ameraucana and Queen Silvia cockerels I am thinning out. It is pretty wild and crazy around here. Please PM me for details!

Will do!

Hi there. I live in Clarksville and homeschool. I would like to do a tour of coops/sm. farms within a 2-3 day period.
would anyone be interested in showing us hospitality to see your farm digs???

Hi, I am in Goodlettsville. I homeschooled my daughters when they were in elementary through 7th grade. I have Olive Eggers and Silver Penciled Bantam Wyandottes, one Sapphire and one SBEL and one Sapphire/SPBW cross. I have 5 chidks just now. Two are Silver Olive Eggers; two are Sapphire/OE cross and one SPBW.

One seems to be a blue silver and the other a chocolate silver.

These are the Sapphire/OE crosses, a blue (blue laced most likely) and a reddish partridge most likely. I think the blue may be a cockeral because of the larger pinker comb but then the reddish sibling has a more upright stance. I think they are messing with my head.

And this is what a silver penciled looks like as a chick. LOL! I just spotted Tiger photo bombing in the background.

Congrats!!! Very gorgeous!!!

Gotta ask... which breed is laying that deep saturated blue?

Thank you!

Don't I wish I knew! It is a pullet that just started laying. The most she could be is 1/2 AM, so I guess that makes her an EE. None of my Silverudd Blue crosses are old enough to lay yet. Wonder what green X pink would make? Light Olive? Maybe Chartreuse? Khaki?

Thank you! Don't I wish I knew! It is a pullet that just started laying. The most she could be is 1/2 AM, so I guess that makes her an EE. None of my Silverudd Blue crosses are old enough to lay yet. Wonder what green X pink would make? Light Olive? Maybe Chartreuse? Khaki?
I have one black Am that lays an egg like that, but hard to get any of her eggs cuz she loves to be broody, lol... she's my best broody though so can't complain too much... Absolutely gorgeous eggs!! And I have no idea what color those might turn out like crossed together... *and that's how we end up with waaaay too many projects, lol!*

Well, everyone...it's been a sad day. I got too comfortable letting my girls free range while I wasn't home and I lost my first girl today and one of my other girls got all of her tail feathers ripped out :hit :hit :hit They are 17 weeks old and didn't even start laying...not sure how this stress is going to help the situation. Yup, I cried. RIP Poppy

Thanks @cree57i for helping me get my first flock started. The Isabella's are finally getting comfortable with us and the little ones are doing great! Once I've got my act a little more together I'll be back to bother you.

Back
Top Bottom