The Middle Tennessee Thread

We had an issue with a fox a month ago or so and we set up live traps. We have a friend that does it for a living. He used honey buns smashed through the bottom of the trap that wired a kfc drumstick to the back of it. That way they can't grab and run. We set it up that night and it was in the trap the next morning. He said honey buns are irresistible to them. Lol.

How big was your trap? Length and Height? IDK my trap is large enough for him.

We had an issue with a fox a month ago or so and we set up live traps. We have a friend that does it for a living. He used honey buns smashed through the bottom of the trap that wired a kfc drumstick to the back of it. That way they can't grab and run. We set it up that night and it was in the trap the next morning. He said honey buns are irresistible to them. Lol.

How big was your trap? Length and Height? IDK my trap is large enough for him.

If I had to guess its 8x10x24

We found a big one to borrow and are going to try the honey bun method, followed by an application of lead. I hope I have good news to report soon. The dogs are going crazy outside right now, so I bet Mr. Fox is hunting by this full moon. No telling what we will catch.

We found a big one to borrow and are going to try the honey bun method, followed by an application of lead. I hope I have good news to report soon. The dogs are going crazy outside right now, so I bet Mr. Fox is hunting by this full moon. No telling what we will catch. 

Good luck and happy hunting...

I hope you catch him!

I had an internet shepherd friend tell me this method for discouraging all predators. You have you an electric fence. Then you fold strips of aluminum over the wires and smear them with peanut butter. The predator licks the peanut butter and gets the full shock effect in their wet mouth. They are so awed by this that they don't try to challenge the fence again.

I had an internet shepherd friend tell me this method for discouraging all predators. You have you an electric fence. Then you fold strips of aluminum over the wires and smear them with peanut butter. The predator licks the peanut butter and gets the full shock effect in their wet mouth. They are so awed by this that they don't try to challenge the fence again.
1f602.png
this is awesome! I would love to see his happen!

I need some wise advice. I have 2 turkeys in with my chickens and ducks. I want to let them out to free range a bit, but I'm scared they won't come back like everyone else. Has anyone had any experience with this? Can turkeys be trained to return to the coop, too?

I need some wise advice. I have 2 turkeys in with my chickens and ducks. I want to let them out to free range a bit, but I'm scared they won't come back like everyone else. Has anyone had any experience with this? Can turkeys be trained to return to the coop, too?

Did you get them as adults or poults, or hatch them yourself? If you didn't get them as adults, they should be just fine... turkeys imprint super easy, either on you or their 'flock'... they're also good about knowing where safety is...

Back
Top Bottom