The Middle Tennessee Thread

I'm traveling to fort Campbell this weekend, looking to buy hatching eggs Sunday. Would love to find speckled sussex and buckeyes, or another brown or speckled brown layer. I've got super blue egg layers only right now, and I do have hatching eggs if your looking. They're are great, and lay like crazy... but need a some more colors.

Last edited:
Especially as we have 3 adults that need to agree:gig And a 15-year-old and a 9-year-old as well. Gonna hook the laptop up to the TV for a nice big screen to look at for further narrowing, though 22 places in 2 weeks isn't horrible. We've got a cluster around Clarksville, a few down by @Ravynscroft , and an arc on the eastern edge of our search area.

Oo, if I post the counties, could anyone tell me if there are nasty surprises re:poultry not actually allowed? I'm just thinking chickens and call ducks for now (though my husband is pointing out that he does not want to be tied down too much by livestock...)

Montgomery Cheatham Dickson.... those will have the best house prices. USDA Limits how much they will finance on a house... the market here is CRAZY so you might need to go with another type of mortgage to be able to get a house. If you get a house in an area zoned AG you can have any farm animals you want. My farm is in Davidson (nashville) and Cheatham and we are ag and I have lot of chickens even though Nashville limits how many you can have. Most cities have limits on chickens in town so getting something zoned AG is important.

Montgomery Cheatham Dickson.... those will have the best house prices. USDA Limits how much they will finance on a house... the market here is CRAZY so you might need to go with another type of mortgage to be able to get a house. If you get a house in an area zoned AG you can have any farm animals you want. My farm is in Davidson (nashville) and Cheatham and we are ag and I have lot of chickens even though Nashville limits how many you can have. Most cities have limits on chickens in town so getting something zoned AG is important.

We may have found a house in Jackson county. We looked at it today, and are sleeping on it.

So I guess because I didn't pay for my membership I now get ads that pop up right where the alerts and inbox info shows. WAY TO GO BYC! Not only is your website to hard to navigate now we can't see our few groups we follow! Another reason to NOT be on BYC.

Offering some hatching eggs in Middle Tennessee if interested. I have Ayam Cemani and Swedish Flower Hen. I have very limited quantities of both (3 ayam cemani hens and 1 swedish flower hen). I have a dozen in an incubator right now and 10 are showing growth. The hens are 7 months old. Asking $5/egg if interested. Located in Cookeville.
Johny Cash Rooster.JPG
Hans.JPG
Gertrude.JPG

Back
Top Bottom