The Middle Tennessee Thread

Hi all,

We have a black Australorp who went broody at some point during the last couple of weeks when we were out of town. We'd like her to raise some chicks, but her eggs are likely not fertile since our roos are only a couple of months old. Does anyone know of a place in middle TN where we can get chicks in the next couple of weeks?

Thanks!

I just sent her another email. Hopefully she'll respond.
I’ve called, sent texts, and messaged her through direct messages here and haven’t heard back since April or may. She was involved in a bad car wreck early in the year and was dealing with complications from that but none sounded life threatening or even to the point of debilitating her where she would drop off the map. I hope someone here will have had some contact with her. She’s a very nice woman and has been a very active member of this site and also helped many people outside this site with their birds. She’s even taken care of mine when I was on vacation wirh my family before. I hope, as I’m sure you and many others do, that she’s ok.

Hello! Is anyone interested in 2 free muscovie ducks? In Maury county. If so please PM for more info. Pics are in the thread in animals in need of free rehoming section! Thanks.

hi all,
My first flock is doing well and all my pullets are laying now. Of my 4 easter eggers, I'm getting 2 blue eggs and one brown and one that is an off white with pink undertones. I'm looking for some green egg layers and olive egg layers. This time around I would like to stay local if possible and not order from a hatchery.

Is there anyone in the Middle TN area that will have chicks or pullets anytime between Feb. - April this spring. Ideally, I would like 2-3 of each. Figured I'm start the search now to be ready for the spring.
thanks, Medda

I'm doing the same thing! I learned the other day that every Saturday in February, at Bonnie's Barnyard (it's a feedstore) in College Grove is the very local breeder, and he's there for people to ask questions, buy birds, and order birds for later in the spring. He runs the local 4H program and is very knowledgable. Bonnie's Barnyard has a FB page if you're on there, and you can always call them, or just show up. From what I remember, they have the breeds your looking for.... but my next step in research is asking him where they got their stock. Might be awesome, but I'm still going to ask. Since that 4H program got their chicks from Ideal hatchery, and we had some serious mishaps with them.

Back
Top Bottom