The Middle Tennessee Thread

hi all,
My first flock is doing well and all my pullets are laying now. Of my 4 easter eggers, I'm getting 2 blue eggs and one brown and one that is an off white with pink undertones. I'm looking for some green egg layers and olive egg layers. This time around I would like to stay local if possible and not order from a hatchery.

Is there anyone in the Middle TN area that will have chicks or pullets anytime between Feb. - April this spring. Ideally, I would like 2-3 of each. Figured I'm start the search now to be ready for the spring.
thanks, Medda

hi all,
My first flock is doing well and all my pullets are laying now. Of my 4 easter eggers, I'm getting 2 blue eggs and one brown and one that is an off white with pink undertones. I'm looking for some green egg layers and olive egg layers. This time around I would like to stay local if possible and not order from a hatchery.

Is there anyone in the Middle TN area that will have chicks or pullets anytime between Feb. - April this spring. Ideally, I would like 2-3 of each. Figured I'm start the search now to be ready for the spring.
thanks, Medda
I know a couple folks who have what you're looking for. How far north are you?

Thanks @rjohns39.
I am considering downsizing some of the green and blue egg layers, but have made no decisions on which ones. So far behind that I may never catch up!
I’d be interested in a few if you do. I’m in the Monteagle area. On the mountain if you go 24 to Chattanooga. Not sure how close that is to you.

Hi all,
As I consider incubating/hatching, does anyone know of poultry processors in the northern middle TN area? I’ve tried different searches and about the only thing I can find is one near Elkton KY.

I know If I decide to hatch I will have excess cockerels and do have a plan to house them separately for a while but I am not interested in maintaining an all rooster flock.

Thanks! Medda

Closest USDA processor is in KY. Remind me again which county you're in...

ETA: Disregard... It was just a couple of posts above. You're probably a couple hours from me, but if you wanted to learn to process them yourself, I have the equipment and would be happy to teach. Just PM me if interested.

Back
Top Bottom