The Middle Tennessee Thread

Alright, Jenski! Here you go! I started us a thread.
big_smile.png

It was delightful to meet all of you today! What a fun group of BYCers we have here in middle TN!

Jen and I decided that we had all kind of hijacked the TN thread from the east TN folks. So here we have our own thread. So, go. Talk amongst yourselves...

tongue.png
I'm replying, so I can stay tuned to this thread. I'm Middle TN

:frow Hi! I'm a brand new chicken mama from the Dale Hollow Lake area :) I'm starting from scratch with 6: 1 white-laced black polish, 1 Delaware, 2 Amberlinks & 2 Welsummers. I adopted my girls (and possible guy) 2 weeks ago, today. They will be 3 weeks old on Sunday and I'm hoping to have them in the coop/run by next weekend, as they're already able to escape their brooder. I feel so guilty laying chicken fence over the top...I feel like they're being punished:idunno

:frow Hi! I'm a brand new chicken mama from the Dale Hollow Lake area :) I'm starting from scratch with 6: 1 white-laced black polish, 1 Delaware, 2 Amberlinks & 2 Welsummers. I adopted my girls (and possible guy) 2 weeks ago, today. They will be 3 weeks old on Sunday and I'm hoping to have them in the coop/run by next weekend, as they're already able to escape their brooder. I feel so guilty laying chicken fence over the top...I feel like they're being punished:idunno
:frow Hi and welcome... You have to contain them or they'll hurt themselves.

Lol welcome to chicken living .I would think better confined than confirmed dead.

Where did you get your chicks from .Were they sexed ? Seems like I always end up with more males than females buying straight run chicks .
I got them at TSC. My original plan was to purchase through a hatchery, but the hubby kinda threw a wrench in that plan for this year. 🙄 Luckily, Ol' Peabody (the WLBP) was the last of the 'straight run' bunch. All the other girls were labeled as such. I'm not sorry that my plans were thwarted. These kids are awesome! 🥰

Anyone near Lexington, TN that has Standard Bronze Turkeys? I'm looking for a dozen hatching eggs. I have Midget White and would be willing to swap eggs, or just buy. I also have muscovys, call ducks- phoenix, d'Uccle, cochin and serama bantams. I'm also looking for someone that has fancy pigeons of any breed, but would like tumpeters or Indian fantails.

Back
Top Bottom