The Middle Tennessee Thread

How big is eating size pound wise? And probably no problem finding someone in my extended hispanic family that would be delighted to buy them from you.

Btw the blue roo is getting his sickle feathers and looking fab. The hen and he are eating out of my daughter's hands on a daily basis. Good grief our birds are spoiled. Discussed the new barn again and air conditioning due to the heat. I don't do well in the heat and of course I need to spend time with my birds...thus an air-conditioned coop. What do you think? Well if nothing else that is the argument I am currently using.
lol.png

Last edited:
TO ALL THE SILKIE FANATICS

I have been talking to Aimee Crego- she is going to be driving right by my house on the way to the Crossroads of America show in Oct. I am looking at pre-buying birds from her. If there is interest, several are more than welcome to do the same and can pick up from my house or meet up for delivery.

Vickie Harry and I believe Bobbi Porto may be coming the same route, possibly following up w/ Aimee. Great possibility of getting some beautiful silkies without going to the show.

Emmalynn- To tell the truth I have never weighed any of them. I'm not even sure that my old scale works. Hmmmm. Dunno. They are all the same age as those you took, so they are all that same size.
idunno.gif
Ask around and see if anyone wants them. Tell them whatever price you think if fair. I just need them out of the pens. They are starting to look at the girls.
roll.png

I can't wait to see that blue boy full grown. He's going to be a looker for sure. Send pictures as he gets bigger.
smile.png

I have called the co-op man repeatedly and left a message on his voice mail earlier in the week. It's looking like he doesn't want to talk to me.
sad.png
I'm now working on a plan B option elsewhere. It stinks. Working at the co-op would have been a blast!
sad.png

So I think I need to sell this boy too. I've had him in my EE breeding pen with my back up ameraucana rooster, but they are just tearing the poor girls up in there. He is stinkin' gorgeous (one of the reasons I haven't moved him on yet!). He looks like a barred rock, except he has those AM cheeks and a pea comb. He also has these vertical iridescent green stripes that cut through the black and white. Pretty, pretty, pretty! If anyone needs a cool EE rooster, PM me. I'd love for him to go to a good home. He's too pretty to eat!
smile.png

IMG_8462.jpg

Citygirl - have you tried the extension office in rutherford county? They have all sorts of classes from baking to canning. With their emphasis on simpler living and knowing where your food comes I think your program would be a shoo-in!! Worth a shot.

I'm in shock! The 600 egg cartons were delivered this morning...barely 24 hours after I placed the order!!! We are headed out of town right now. So we can meet up the first of the next week...August 8th. Basically 100 cartons for $10.

Back
Top Bottom