The Middle Tennessee Thread

Hello strangers. Sorry I went MIA my Grandpa did pass.
We have also been busy on the housing market and had a bid accepted just today so it looks like a move could be in our near future.
Here is the house more improtantly the land
53862_greenbrier.jpg

Tracey is that my babies I see in the pen. I wish I could help you out on a temp pen for only 3 birds but I have never had only 3 babies. I say build big and add more 3 is not a flock.

Good luck with everyones incubators I sure wish I could crank up the 2 I have collecting dust. Just too much going on to crank up the bators and I do enjoy breathing. Hubby will be home on the 1st.

I hope you all are enjoying the cooler weather.

Tish--that looks gorgeous Georgia I suppose? How much acreage ect!!! It looks nice love the house look too
smile.png

Donna read 'bout your bator great job!! My DH is great with tools, I just keep him so busy with everything else
hide.gif
Oh and he comes up with stuff too...we are building up our hens so we will be adding onto our run this weekend...its already there we just have to secure it more and add netting to the top and a door for them to enter from the other run...he will work on it while I am at work tomorrow and not wait for me
roll.png
but I think they will love the extra room! Oh well time to start nightly chores!
!

Connie the house is actually in Joelton. Only 25 mins from my Mom. Shhhh do not tell my hubby that he does not have a clue. haha It is on 10 acres (not all useable) with 3 yes 3 out building one of which will at least be a coop along with the ones I am taking from here. The house is older and needs internal upgrades but the outside is to die for.
Here is a small taste of my soon to be very own personal heaven. You can vacation at my place.
53862_dsc04123.jpg

It will be like living in Gatlinburg

hello again everyone, I haven't been in here since I was looking for chicks I think, back in march. I got 12 "Ameraucaunas" from tsc (which i have since learned means their EE"s oh well, 4 are now laying! I got 4 eggs for the first time today! 5 were roo's I gave away 4 of them and kept the biggest prettiest one, one of my hens is so sweet and even lets my 3 year old scoop her up and pet her, they hand feed her occasionally and she loves it. I've named all the chickens, and my husband and friends all think I'm competely insane with all this chicken stuff.

Quote:
I know how you feel! We got our dream place not long ago. Can't wait to live there!!!!

That is really close to my farm! We are off highway 12. We are like you tons of acres but it is mostly hills and forest. I had that kinda luck with out buildings too. Didn't know I would be getting chickens. I got two buildings, one for chickens and one for my shop/incubator room/brooder/growout area.... may even take over the back barn. Hubby wants me to have 100 birds, mostly meat.

Quote:
Thanks! I thought I found some eggs but have hit a wall. May have to test with my mutt eggs. My hens are PR/BR/ Ameraucanas with a RIR Roo. The PR and BR's are not worth breeding. The ameraucanas are my only real hope. I have a Splash Rock pullet with a BR roo and she is laying a good size egg already so I may just try the pullet eggs. Can't hurt right? I wanted Blue Barred Rocks anyway. I was really hoping for Easter/Olive Eggers or Ameraucanas but alas I guess everyone is molting or something.
he.gif

Quote:
Thanks! I thought I found some eggs but have hit a wall. May have to test with my mutt eggs. My hens are PR/BR/ Ameraucanas with a RIR Roo. The PR and BR's are not worth breeding. The ameraucanas are my only real hope. I have a Splash Rock pullet with a BR roo and she is laying a good size egg already so I may just try the pullet eggs. Can't hurt right? I wanted Blue Barred Rocks anyway. I was really hoping for Easter/Olive Eggers or Ameraucanas but alas I guess everyone is molting or something.
he.gif

I will get 10 one day then 5 the next I am barely keeping up with eggs I sell...I don't have anything pure yet mine would I guess all be EE's everything is under a Lav Ameraucana roo at the moment.....

but waiting for all my ready to lay birds to start freakin laying....
he.gif
seems like it takes forever!!

Edited for spelling

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
he.gif

I will get 10 one day then 5 the next I am barely keeping up with eggs I sell...I don't have anything pure yet mine would I guess all be EE's everything is under a Lav Ameraucana roo at the moment.....

but waiting for all my ready to lay birds to start freakin laying....
he.gif
seems like it takes forever!!

Edited for spelling

Are you close to me? I could trade you with some cash for my eating eggs!!! I have a dozen and a half in the fridge and I get 4-8 a day some are pullet but they are getting bigger fast! One doz or so would be great!

Quote:
I'm in the same boat here. I have names for all my chickens (14 of them) and my neighbor thinks I'm crazy. My husband just shakes his head but I think he likes the fact I'm losing some "citiness" and keeping chickens.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom