The Middle Tennessee Thread

If there is anyone else out there who does not want to get any work done today, check out the pregnant goat cam from our sister forum:

http://www.backyardherds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=15891&p=1

If you like goats, you will not get much done today waiting for baby. You have been warned.
tongue.png

big_smile.png
. Seriously.You know your in trouble when they show up in white pants and heels.I hope they don't smell as bad as a cat because we don't like those smells....no lady they don't smell like a cat they smell like a chicken
gig.gif

Over the Holidays I had some Nashville people come get a rabbit..right after it rained.I was asked if that was mud or poop down near my animals.Well,its mud but since chickens dogs and cats also wander here I would expect if you checked there would be poop in there somewhere.How do some survive
th.gif

woot.gif

When I left the farm last night I had 1 Lav Am and 3 Lav Splits and 4 others! So excited about the lav
celebrate.gif

I had 22 in lockdown and 3 I don't think will hatch but we will see!

I think I am going to like this.... just got to get used to it!

Hello all, hope you are well and enjoyed your holidays. I was "sand bagging" for a while, but since November I've barely gotten to the computer here. I sit in front of one all day at work so I have a hard time spending the night there too.
I got home today and lo and behold I had my first egg from the original four chickens I hatched when I made my bator, and my golden seabright that will never go get in the house put himself to bed with the others. I was so happy. My egg was cute. Little bitty and greener than the one she hatched from. Out of those four I have 3 left and 2 are hens. They're my only hens I have left. They both turned out very nice looking though. One is totally barred and wild as the wind. The other one is gray with white lacing and more friendly. They hang out with the goats all day. It's funny how they seem to be friends, and the goats just let the chickens ride around on their backs.
I think I'm gonna get this incubator going again and get a jump on spring. DMRippy had some nice looking FBCM chicks on CL, but I think I missed the bus. I want to get some more anconas or speckled sussex I think. I really love the speckled sussex breed, but can't find anyone around who has them. The first lady wants some silkies, but I'm not paying that much for eggs that may or may not hatch. My oldest son wants some turkeys. I'm also trying to find some of them local if anyone know of any lines of supply.
Well I'm looking forward to things slowing down at work so I can catch up on stuff here.
I'll see ya'll around.
Sam

Back
Top Bottom