The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Pics
Geriatric....
200 (4).gif

What thermometers and hygrometers do you all use?
And would you recommend them or no?
I have 3 Govees, two different models. I love those and they can be calibrated and have apps on my phone so I can check the incubators or brooders while in bed. :)

I also have some cheaper ones that do a good job as well but aren't calibratable. I write on the back or put a sticker if they are +1 Temp for instance or -5% humidity.

Besides my big one I keep all mine like 2' and 3' from my bed when running. I'd sleep with them if my tossing wouldn't spill the water in them.
How about this? The camera is a Blink, starts recording and sends an alert if there's any motion. It can tell the temperature too and send an alert if it's over/under whatever you want, except, 90 is the highest setting for doing that. I just grabbed this from outside and put it in there to test it out. These 9 silkies are due to hatch the 25th.
IMG_0751.jpeg

How about this? The camera is a Blink, starts recording and sends an alert if there's any motion. It can tell the temperature too and send an alert if it's over/under whatever you want, except, 90 is the highest setting for doing that. I just grabbed this from outside and put it in there to test it out. These 9 silkies are due to hatch the 25th.View attachment 3779968
Wi-Fi I assume?
I can't get that here. No cameras for me.

Never had any luck with the digital ones with the probes but haven't had a Zoo Med one.

I have cheap reptile hygrometers.

View attachment 3779881Sometimes they get off but you can adjust them. I've never used them much but with all the new incubators thinking I should at least check sometimes.
Was looking at analog ones made for cigar humidors. Supposedly they're supposed to be really accurate. :confused:

When I started using the Pepsi incubator I bought probe meat thermometers. They've worked well but I've had several so I can check them against each other. Every now and again I've had one not match the rest so I just toss it.
Last year I bought Govees. Convenient and kind of cool with the app but they suck. Have 3 and they never match. Now this year one is way way off and the other two don't match.
Went back to my tried and true.
View attachment 3779896
Got 4 and they all match but neither Govee matches them. I think my incubator has been running a few degrees low for almost a week. :barnie
Tossing the Govees. Problem with the dial ones is apparently they must have changed something because now I have to squint and tilt my head to read them. Idk what happened.
Maybe be looking into getting something different. :confused:
The red capped one, right? I have one I have to dial in every week for testing the hot water in the dish pit

Back
Top Bottom