The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Pics
Yes.
So how do you dial it in? What do you measure it against to know it's accurate or not.

Yes.
So how do you dial it in? What do you measure it against to know it's accurate or not.
Fill a paper (plastic would probably work too) full of ice and then add just enough cold water to make it wet. Stick the probe in and see where it lands (should land smack on 32F).

If it doesn't, there should be a nut looking thing attaching the face to the probe and that's what you'll turn to move the reader. The case should have a hole made of metal to use, but I think pliers should work too. You'll want to move it until it stays on 32F in the cold water.

I can get pictures on my break on Monday if you want. I think there's probably youtube tutorials too

Fill a paper (plastic would probably work too) full of ice and then add just enough cold water to make it wet. Stick the probe in and see where it lands (should land smack on 32F).

If it doesn't, there should be a nut looking thing attaching the face to the probe and that's what you'll turn to move the reader. The case should have a hole made of metal to use, but I think pliers should work too. You'll want to move it until it stays on 32F in the cold water.

I can get pictures on my break on Monday if you want. I think there's probably youtube tutorials too
I was told before to use like a cup of ice water. That didn't work correctly.
I'll try like you said. For now just to double check my new ones that I'm assuming are correct.
I do know about the nut and how to adjust but never had anything I knew was accurate to set it too.
Thanks
Now I can start with a for sure accurate thermometer to see which incubators have an accurate display or how far off they are.

It's out of stock more often then not.
I got mine NIB off of Marketplace. One pops up every now and again. Like a month ago someone had 3 used ones they were selling. Guess I should of bought them to pass out huh?
I would love to find one locally! No such luck though. I have 3 poults hatched out in the NR 360 right now so I can't complain about it.

Had to order a new power supply for the Genesis. The part I ordered didn't fix it. I actually ordered two, because GQF sent me the entire incubator instead of just the part I ordered minus the power supply and all that. With my old power supply cord, the new one does the exact same thing as the old one. The display comes on but not the fan or heating element. So if the new power supply cords is the fix, I will have two 1588's.

20240325_143756.jpg
20240325_143420.jpg

Latest update on the MeeF: I do need to keep dampening the extra sponges to keep the humidity up during lockdown, BUT!

EGGS ARE PIPPING!!! Right on day 21! I have never had this happen before with those pieces of trash LG incubators!

At this point, I'm giving this incubator a 4.5 out of 5.
Wonder how many people got turned off of incubating because a LG was their first experience with it.

So how often have you had to wet down the sponges?

Wonder how many people got turned off of incubating because a LG was their first experience with it.

So how often have you had to wet down the sponges?
Agreed. But I knew it was because of the incubator so just tried again with a new one. Have to admit though, after mine decided to cook all the babies during lockdown last year, I was bummed and depressed and really really upset.

The sponges they give you are just tiny little strips, and they dried out quick. My daughter forgot to get me bigger sponges. >.< So, have had to wet them a couple of times a day until I put extra water in the centre, plus a folded up paper towel that I dampened, and that made it last much longer.

Agreed. But I knew it was because of the incubator so just tried again with a new one. Have to admit though, after mine decided to cook all the babies during lockdown last year, I was bummed and depressed and really really upset.

The sponges they give you are just tiny little strips, and they dried out quick. My daughter forgot to get me bigger sponges. >.< So, have had to wet them a couple of times a day until I put extra water in the centre, plus a folded up paper towel that I dampened, and that made it last much longer.
I haven't even opened mine yet but I'll look into doing something for that before using it and also something to put under the egg tray.

Back
Top Bottom