The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Pics
@The Moonshiner idk really know what happened but 30 more eggs from my "Galaxy" flock (BRs) ended up in my incubator 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

(We will harvest most of these in early March I am figuring)

Waiting impatiently to hear how this hatch goes for you..especially the UFO bator....

May not always comment...but I am definitely following

Attachments

• 20230927_161402.jpg
    20230927_161402.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 6
Idk what's going on with the UFO. I candled the 3 eggs and one had a definite blood ring and was gone. Unsure about the other two.
With one egg out I had room for my govee sensor and figured I'd need it for lockdown humidity readings.
I didn't even get to the humidity because the temps were scary low. The inkbird kicks off at 100° and back on at 99°. The govee is showing temps at 95° give or take.
Before I started I checked the incbird and it was showing matching temps to what it was showing. The maticoopx govee has been reading what the incubator is set at so I'm gonna throw that sensor in along with the other and see where the issue is.

I've been collecting a very limited number of eggs still. Some were 12 to 14 days old but I did put the 30 newest ones in the maticoopx yesterday.
Some may be 10 days old but only a couple would go beyond that.

Ok the second sensor is matching the Inkbird display.
Man. I hate technology. The Govees seem great. Throw the sensor in and check it anytime you want on your phone. BUT what if it isn't correct? How do you even know if it is? Ugh

Anyways congrats on your new mysterious batch brewing. How long have they been going?
We should be close to the same hatch date. Hopefully we'll both be back to 90+% hatch rate.

Idk what's going on with the UFO. I candled the 3 eggs and one had a definite blood ring and was gone. Unsure about the other two.
With one egg out I had room for my govee sensor and figured I'd need it for lockdown humidity readings.
I didn't even get to the humidity because the temps were scary low. The inkbird kicks off at 100° and back on at 99°. The govee is showing temps at 95° give or take.
Before I started I checked the incbird and it was showing matching temps to what it was showing. The maticoopx govee has been reading what the incubator is set at so I'm gonna throw that sensor in along with the other and see where the issue is.

I've been collecting a very limited number of eggs still. Some were 12 to 14 days old but I did put the 30 newest ones in the maticoopx yesterday.
Some may be 10 days old but only a couple would go beyond that.
So do you get stressed out when it looks like a hatch may not work out??

I don't have experience hatching at your level...and only have had one other incubator ..but it was highly stressful due to temp and humidity!!!

I am hoping that you're more a ...what happens happens person....
Simply bc I can only imagine the amount of stress you're likely under with this particular hatch...

So do you get stressed out when it looks like a hatch may not work out??

I don't have experience hatching at your level...and only have had one other incubator ..but it was highly stressful due to temp and humidity!!!

I am hoping that you're more a ...what happens happens person....
Simply bc I can only imagine the amount of stress you're likely under with this particular hatch...
Na I don't stress. Maybe get all pissed off.
Lol, na. I guess it can be disappointing just because I have issues. I hate to see an egg not become a chick but I've learned it's not a big deal because when I'm hatching I know another batch is only a week away.
I've seen many people stress over money and I've always had less then the ones stressing. I used to get asked how do you do it? How do you not worry about money. My answer is.... why stress? It's only money, I'll make some more tomorrow.
It's a bit of a Moony answer but there is some truth to it. I've adapted the same attitude to hatching chicks.

I understand the getting pissed and disappointed for sure!

You're saying abt money...ive kinda got the same thing...

I say "currently all our needs are met, we are fine!"

My attitude in general towards my chickens, or pigs our any animal we raise ....is simply enjoy them while they are here, and then get new ones 🤷‍♀️🤣🤷‍♀️

I think it helps...

I harvested my first hatchlings on saturday...and oddly enough I wasn't sad...I was thankful to be able to provide in this way for the family....I keep wondering if there's some disconnect in my brain 🤣🤣🤣...but even these chicks that'll hatch...its fun, exciting, and awesome to watch em go from egg to chicken....and then I'll harvest and hatch new ones....🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

But the hatching has made me stress each time...though less and less....

Guess we will see with this hatch

I have 3 of the Govees and they irritate me, none of them are anywhere near the other. I've calibrated them with a really good thermometer and it seems like they still drift.

I understand the getting pissed and disappointed for sure!

You're saying abt money...ive kinda got the same thing...

I say "currently all our needs are met, we are fine!"

My attitude in general towards my chickens, or pigs our any animal we raise ....is simply enjoy them while they are here, and then get new ones 🤷‍♀️🤣🤷‍♀️

I think it helps...

I harvested my first hatchlings on saturday...and oddly enough I wasn't sad...I was thankful to be able to provide in this way for the family....I keep wondering if there's some disconnect in my brain 🤣🤣🤣...but even these chicks that'll hatch...its fun, exciting, and awesome to watch em go from egg to chicken....and then I'll harvest and hatch new ones....🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

But the hatching has made me stress each time...though less and less....

Guess we will see with this hatch
I've never butchered any of my chickens.
They're kind of scrawny to eat I'd imagine.
I've thought about this year and if they cancel the October auction I may just have to.

I have 3 of the Govees and they irritate me, none of them are anywhere near the other. I've calibrated them with a really good thermometer and it seems like they still drift.
Exactly. I've seen them highly recommended and figured I'd get fancy like.
They seemed convenient but now that I've been using them they're just a pain.
I bought the 3 pack and 2 needed calibrated. Now it seems 2 are off again. One is way off. Too much babysitting for me. I'll probably just go back to the dial meat thermometers that have worked perfectly for 3 or 4 years.
They were perfect with the styrofoam hovabators. I just jabbed them through one corner and could easily glance and read them although I hardly ever did.

Back
Top Bottom