The Moonshiner's Bootleg Incubator Reviews And Discussions

Pics
What's it doing or not doing and what have you been replacing, etc.?
The yellow display backlight comes on but no text reading humidity, temp, or set temp. The little red "heat" light comes on. But the fan doesn't run and it doesn't heat up. On both machines, new and old. With new power supply cords directly from GQF.

Even though GQF is sending me another 1588, I would love to repair or refurbish the two non-working ones I have now. Any tips or advice? Maybe convert it to a manual wafer thermostat?

The yellow display backlight comes on but no text reading humidity, temp, or set temp. The little red "heat" light comes on. But the fan doesn't run and it doesn't heat up. On both machines, new and old. With new power supply cords directly from GQF.
So you didn't replace anything or swap anything besides the power cord?
Yours wasn't working so they sent you a whole new intact one and it acts the same way?
So the thermostat/control module thing has to be the issue it seems and they're saying you just happen to get a faulty one as a replacement for your faulty one?

So you didn't replace anything or swap anything besides the power cord?
Yours wasn't working so they sent you a whole new intact one and it acts the same way?
So the thermostat/control module thing has to be the issue it seems and they're saying you just happen to get a faulty one as a replacement for your faulty one?
No I haven't swapped any parts in either unit except for the new power cord. The new unit they sent is brand new and doesn't work as is, even with the new power cord I ordered.

My old unit wasn't working so instead of trying to buy parts I ordered a whole new top with everything already ready to go but it doesn't work either, right out of the box. The new one does exactly the same thing as the old one, it's really bizzare. And to order the electronic thermostat part is like nearly $100.

They are testing a new unit and rush shipping me the one one tomorrow. But I have the two duds that I would love to try to fix.

Well geez that doesn't sound like a reliable set up at all.
Those are so different then what I have and have always used.
I thought I heard at one time that yours is all a 12 volt setup.
It plugs into 110 then is converted in the cord to 12 volt. I'd have to look.
If that's so your fan/heating element is also completely different then mine. To swap to a wafer thermostat you'd have to swap everything. You'd have all kinds of unnecessary mounting holes and then need new mounting holes and all the parts.

Well geez that doesn't sound like a reliable set up at all.
Those are so different then what I have and have always used.
I thought I heard at one time that yours is all a 12 volt setup.
It plugs into 110 then is converted in the cord to 12 volt. I'd have to look.
If that's so your fan/heating element is also completely different then mine. To swap to a wafer thermostat you'd have to swap everything. You'd have all kinds of unnecessary mounting holes and then need new mounting holes and all the parts.
Would it be worth it to buy the electronic thermostat to try to fix the new one that is a dud? It would be sinking another $100 in a machine I've already spent $200 trying to fix. But if it worked, it would be nice to have it as a backup. What would you do?

This is the replacement electronic thermostat on incubator warehouse's website.
Screenshot_20240328_230700_Facebook.jpg

Back
Top Bottom