The Moonshiner's Chick Chat

I have one of those. She’s a broody machine! Her name is Cookie. The result of a little runt EE hen and a BC rooster. Kind of a between size. She lays green eggs.
One of my EE bantams went broody a while ago. She should be hatching soonish if any eggs survived.

My 1/4 cochin bantam male is also 1/2 EE, he was the only serving chick we can get from our ancient EE full size. So actually now that I think about it, Romero might have 2 muff genes since his mama gave him one and his dad, the 1/2 cochin bantam, could have given him one

I'm thinking it's out of one of my mixed males and maybe my Russian orloff. Just not sure since it's definitely blue and I'm not sure she could have blue chicks with a blue male since she barely has black on her
Extended black is dominant so it’s entirely possible. It’s just the chick will just get color on it later. I will refer to it as a she because all of my unintentional crossbreeds over the years have been female. All seven of them. But when I needed a pair of dominiquexd’anver babies then I hatch three males.

Extended black is dominant so it’s entirely possible. It’s just the chick will just get color on it later. I will refer to it as a she because all of my unintentional crossbreeds over the years have been female. All seven of them. But when I needed a pair of dominiquexd’anver babies then I hatch three males.
I had to take her and a new hatch inside yesterday night, (expanded on that a bit in my flock thread) and have to go check on her soon. Hopefully they bounced back. Unfortunately Trinket has never nested without Effie before, so I don't think she knows 100% what to do on her own with chicks

I'll know who the dad definitely is if it gets orange/red feathering since my 1/2 EE male likes to throw fireball chicks.

I had to take her and a new hatch inside yesterday night, (expanded on that a bit in my flock thread) and have to go check on her soon. Hopefully they bounced back. Unfortunately Trinket has never nested without Effie before, so I don't think she knows 100% what to do on her own with chicks

I'll know who the dad definitely is if it gets orange/red feathering since my 1/2 EE male likes to throw fireball chicks.
“Fireball chicks” I just love Fireball colored chickens so much. They are so fun.
I have a chicken named Fireball
648FE20D-39E3-4C64-A349-BE4665B2A05E.jpeg

Johnny Law is one of the fireball sons.
20230408_175945.jpg
The daughters I had from the male all had bright orange mixed with their blue. The dad to the 1/2 EE mainly throws black/blue and white from what I've seen, so I guess it will have to depend.

After some thinking, I think I can remove the araucana from the options of father. He has the pea comb, but I don't have any hens with muffs and feathered legs, which he doesn't have to pass down. So it has to be one of my mix males at this point

Back
Top Bottom