The Moonshiner's Chick Chat

Put em back in the box.
The box they're outgrowing by the hour? The two I was nervous about seem like they're going to be okay now, I didn't really think they could be cold when I got them since it was like 70 outside and then had a lamp too they could use, but I think they might have been. They were seperated by breed so there were only 8 in each section, which the hatchery itself has a minimum of 12 on an order, so I'm thinking they just weren't warm enough and the one I lost was just more fragile. Hopefully it was an extra male

The box they're outgrowing by the hour? The two I was nervous about seem like they're going to be okay now, I didn't really think they could be cold when I got them since it was like 70 outside and then had a lamp too they could use, but I think they might have been. They were seperated by breed so there were only 8 in each section, which the hatchery itself has a minimum of 12 on an order, so I'm thinking they just weren't warm enough and the one I lost was just more fragile. Hopefully it was an extra male
The box that made them bright eyed and bushy tailed.

7 internal pips!
Lets Go Waiting GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Got my eggs into lockdown last night. Didn't have to pitch near what I did last week so hopefully back on track.
Had the old electronic thermostat hovabator setting around so I swapped it over to a wafer thermostat this morning. Seems to be working but it's a little more challenging to dial in since it doesn't have the little on/off red light. Oh well.
Now I need to test the used turner I picked up. Hopefully have it up and running by next set day. Plan on using it as a staggered set incubator. It's not much but it'll be 13 or 14 more eggs a week.
Another hovabator on its way expected delivery Monday. That'll give me 2 for incubating and 3 for hatchers.
You all not buying eggs is gonna have me hatching 100 chicks a week before its over.

Back
Top Bottom