The Moonshiner's Chick Chat

Those are the sexlinked

ones, right?
Umm, as far as I know they're Mallard ducklings.
These are direct ordered from Hoover's by a new feed store in my area.
I'm thinking besides Hoover's being idiots they'll also say whatever needed to secure being a chick provider.
When I ordered them I was told they were to be legit chocolate orpingtons.
I ordered 10 pullets and 5 cockerels from a list on 2 pieces of paper. Not a catalog or website.
But ya Hoover's don't list chocolate orpingtons available besides the sex linked things. I asked and was told they were being pulled from their assortment orpingtons.
Either way was fine. Straight orpingtons would all be chocolate instead of the cockerels only carrying chocolate. But the sex links would carry yellow skin genes so that would of been a bonus.
I was told with the sex links they only sell pullets so I stuck with the supposed orpingtons.
All I wanted was the chocolate gene. Seems Hoovers can't even get one thing right

100% hatch rate! She had one egg that never started developing, but every egg that developed hatched
20230610_123147.jpg

View attachment 3536506

My "chocolate" Orpingtons from Hoover's finally arrived.
Is anyone buying that these are "chocolate"?
They look black to me. A kind of strange black but still.
In the direct sunlight they do have a hue to them but I'm thinking that's just wishful thinking. :confused:
As a side note to how awesome Hoover's truly is when I checked the invoice it clearly stated...... 15 Mallard ducklings (unsexed)"

View attachment 3536512
Even Mouse was suprised.

View attachment 3536513
Umm, as far as I know they're Mallard ducklings.
These are direct ordered from Hoover's by a new feed store in my area.
I'm thinking besides Hoover's being idiots they'll also say whatever needed to secure being a chick provider.
When I ordered them I was told they were to be legit chocolate orpingtons.
I ordered 10 pullets and 5 cockerels from a list on 2 pieces of paper. Not a catalog or website.
But ya Hoover's don't list chocolate orpingtons available besides the sex linked things. I asked and was told they were being pulled from their assortment orpingtons.
Either way was fine. Straight orpingtons would all be chocolate instead of the cockerels only carrying chocolate. But the sex links would carry yellow skin genes so that would of been a bonus.
I was told with the sex links they only sell pullets so I stuck with the supposed orpingtons.
All I wanted was the chocolate gene. Seems Hoovers can't even get one thing right
Just buy some from Colt next time.

Back
Top Bottom