The Moonshiner's Chick Chat

Overexposure mostly. My pens have a lot of ventilation but the rooster overflow is a 10x10 chainlink dog pen with a makeshift tarp roof. I don’t use it unless everything else is full.
Sounds kinda similar to what I have going on although I ended up covering mine with sheet metal roofing and strapped tarps as windbreakers along the sides.

ETA: My apologies for the confusion, btw. It’s been a long weekend and night for me. Also, I hate Mondays 🤦🏼‍♀️

Last edited:
I'm trying to get a full season of hatching in my Pepsi bator. With also using my other incubators I figured no problem I'd just do like I tray a week instead of two.
Setting my third batch today. Something didn't work out cause I'm over 3 trays. I'm blaming the random call eggs I included.

How old? Did she have fertile eggs last year? I've had a few infertile hens, some from as long as I've known, some from age
Yeah, I hatched off her last year. She was super broody too. I think she’s around 2.5 years old now. Ok, I looked it up. She will be 3 years old end of this summer.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom