The Moonshiner's Leghorns

Dark Browns on the way
Dark Browns are one of the very few breeds that are based on eb, red enhancers and the rest is pretty wildtype in nature, so if you are looking what a hen with eb alone looks like, then look no further than the dark brown leghorn hen, other breeds that have eb like partridge wyandottes or Partridge Rocks have Pg(pattern gene) also so the hens look different.

GRT-MJ12-heritage-darkbrownleghornpullet-albc.jpg

@HaikuHeritageFarm
@MIAMI LEGHORN
@Tbird84
@RiverOtter
@ChicKat
@Brahma Chicken5000
@Redhead Rae
@Miss Lydia
@Finnie
And anyone else I missed
So cool to see so many of you'll stopping by.
Lots of names I haven't seen around in what seems like such a long time.
Hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to tbe rest of spring and summer.
Had lots of plans but with all thats going on IDK exactly what I will be working on.
Hopefully I get some exciting chicks hatched and further some projects.
It's crazy times right now but to see thks thread active again and so many old friends still around is exciting.
Everyone stay well and happy hatching

@HaikuHeritageFarm
@MIAMI LEGHORN
@Tbird84
@RiverOtter
@ChicKat
@Brahma Chicken5000
@Redhead Rae
@Miss Lydia
@Finnie
And anyone else I missed
So cool to see so many of you'll stopping by.
Lots of names I haven't seen around in what seems like such a long time.
Hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to tbe rest of spring and summer.
Had lots of plans but with all thats going on IDK exactly what I will be working on.
Hopefully I get some exciting chicks hatched and further some projects.
It's crazy times right now but to see thks thread active again and so many old friends still around is exciting.
Everyone stay well and happy hatching
Hello Sensei,greetings from South Florida; hope you and yours are doing well.
Leghorn Company checking in for roll call

Attachments

• giphy (3).gif
    giphy (3).gif
    753.7 KB · Views: 0
I doubled down on Leghorns. Bought some light brown chicks from Bud Blankenship and have Dark Browns on the way, too. Found some extra nice Isabella birds I bought eggs off of, too. Got those and some legbars in the 'bator now and we'll see what happens.

I figure by next year I'd like to have breeding pens set up for Light Brown, Dark Brown and Isabella Leghorns, plus a pen to work towards Isabella Legbars.... for whatever that's worth. Really just working on those because I'm obsessed with barred birds and can't find any nice barred/cuckoo leghorns :D
P
Mind PMing me where you got the eggs?
Just curious. Isabellas are getting to be a forgotten variety now days. I've not been seeing hardly anyone selling anything Isabella.

Hello Sensei,greetings from South Florida; hope you and yours are doing well.
Leghorn Company checking in for roll call
Ha ha ha.
We're doing well here.
Still working and a bit jealous of those that aren't.
Being home all day would sure help getting things rolling for this season.

Hey @The Moonshiner , thanks for the shout-out!! I was offline for a while and was sorry to read about your storm trouble. Glad it hasn't stopped you for long! You're an inspiration.

Did the project birds from ChicKat make it?
I did lose a rooster. I suspect just because of the weather so I'm down to a trio. Enough to work with if I could just get the girls laying. Not a single egg yet this spring.

Back
Top Bottom