The Moonshiner's Leghorns

And while I'm at it. Heres some pics of my incubator project still in progress.
Here what I started with after stripping it down.
View attachment 2278557
This is upside down. False top with fan installed.
View attachment 2278560
Runners for false side to attach to. Some electrical getting under way. Vent hole at bottom. There's also a vent through the top.
View attachment 2278562
Couple showing false top and false side.
View attachment 2278563

View attachment 2278564
More electrical, shelf brackets, lower fan and heating element installed.
View attachment 2278566

View attachment 2278567
Just a better view of fan and heating element.
The outlets are for the turners.
View attachment 2278568
Test fitting couple shelves. Theyre tight. Thinking of cutting down some more and adding wood strips behind brackets on that side like I did on the other. Could squeeze 7 shelves in but think for now I'll go with 6 since it give a little more room in between and there's 6 outlets.
View attachment 2278569
Still have to install thermostat and wire it to heating element and a plug.
Shelves are rough where cut so gonna take some time to smooth those out and need to decide if cutting them down more.
Still plenty more to do but I want to get testing soon. Thinking of maybe adding a light at some point and if need be something to adjust fan speeds. I have some plug in corded dimmer switches so that shouldn't be a big issue.

giphy (1).gif

Bossman
you've been ramping up your stock.. so I have to ask cuz my gears are turning.. how much feed are you going through a week now?
Starter,grower,etc?

Bossman
you've been ramping up your stock.. so I have to ask cuz my gears are turning.. how much feed are you going through a week now?
Starter,grower,etc?
Lol don't make me figure that out or I'll have to quit hatching chicks. Not knowing helps me believe it isn't much.
I really don't keep track and many have feeders the hold a few days food so that helps no knowing.
Off the top of my head if you mix everything together I would say 80lbs or maybe 90lbs a day so whats that 560lbs to 630lbs a week.
Now see how unreal and absolutely crazy that sounds?

Lol don't make me figure that out or I'll have to quit hatching chicks. Not knowing helps me believe it isn't much.
I really don't keep track and many have feeders the hold a few days food so that helps no knowing.
Off the top of my head if you mix everything together I would say 80lbs or maybe 90lbs a day so whats that 560lbs to 630lbs a week.
Now see how unreal and absolutely crazy that sounds?
WOW...

giphy (3).gif

Respect.

This is what I was talking about earlier... the people that put in the work the time the effort and the funds to create something different and something special...those are the ones that need to be recognized in any type of endeavor.
Breeding animals is no exception.

The Moonshiner, have you ever seen Golden Leghorns? I know they’re in the standard, but I’ve never seen an example.
The hens seem to have mostly dark greyish feathers and I can’t explain it.

Back
Top Bottom