The Moonshiner's Leghorns

Is that an offer?
You gonna come help me? Oh that means I can easily double my amount. This is such a kind offer.
tenor (44).gif

Hatch 10× the amount of chicks you need.
Lol, you know how that works?
If I need 10 then id hatch 100. Once I hatch 100 then suddenly id realize what I really need was 100. So then id hatch 1,000 then I would quickly realize what I need is a feed company to sponsor me.

What’s worse? Feeding day old cockerels to a snake or raising them for months then butchering and eating them? Ugh I wish you could tell the gender by the egg! That’s what I’m going to work on lmao
Probably feeding them to a snake. Sometimes, no matter what method you use, you'll get a pullet where you think you had a cockerel, and vise-versa.
Besides, if you let them grow up and put a bit of meat on their bones, then you can feed yourself and your family with them -- saves you a bit of money.

What’s worse? Feeding day old cockerels to a snake or raising them for months then butchering and eating them? Ugh I wish you could tell the gender by the egg! That’s what I’m going to work on lmao
I'm fine with someone doing either. Guess which is better would depend on the situation.
I don't eat my birds but I have no issue with anyone else eating them. Most of my extra cockerels go to auction and are sold as fryers.
As a former reptile owner I understand there need to eat. Also understand the cost if youre buying mice or rats. Supplying your own feeders would save money and give you piece of mind about where they came from.
Also using day olds would save on chick food.
So ya I don't see either as worse just a matter of someones need.

Probably feeding them to a snake. Sometimes, no matter what method you use, you'll get a pullet where you think you had a cockerel, and vise-versa.
Besides, if you let them grow up and put a bit of meat on their bones, then you can feed yourself and your family with them -- saves you a bit of money.
I thought processing my own birds would be a savings and it probably is for a smaller backyard flock, but in reality I can buy a processed bird from the butcher down the road much cheaper than selling a male. For each male I sell is at least a bag of feed. I realize I feed them while growing out, but if I hatch out 100 males that averages out to around $1,500. That will pay for the feed plus my egg sales added to that.

Back
Top Bottom