The Moonshiner's Leghorns

nimrod-1.jpg

Another Blue Red

I might be missing something, but what's a cockerel pullet breeder?
@The Moonshiner can elaborate on this, but I understand for show purposes, some breeders run two lines of the same variety; one to produce the Rooster and one to produce the Hen; that is a picture of a cockerel he is or will use for his "pullet" line...
Am I right?

Last edited:
Down here that same bag 50 lbs. is going for $19.95.
$21.99 here apparently according to the TSC website which I think is pretty accurate. Oddly the medicated is 50 cents cheaper. The 25 lb bag is like $13 though. Total rip-off. I forget what the Layena is. I know Flock raiser is like 18 or 19. I kind of want to go to our local store and see what the prices are for the Poulin Egg Production Plus right now. Like that feed better anyway. No other store around here carries the Purina though. Only TSC. But there are two TSC

Sorry, I can’t stand it when they look like Japanese with an OEGB butt half pasted on. His comb is bigger than his legs! It’s the same size as his wing!
Now those are beauts! I wonder if blue Leghorns should be solid unlaced blue to put a difference between Andalusians and Leghorns? They have a lot of differences other than leg color but not enough that you could tell two poor ones apart.
View attachment 2730458
The caption says: Blue Duckwing?
😍 agree with RAA on this.
I might be missing something, but what's a cockerel pullet breeder?

@The Moonshiner can elaborate on this, but I believe for show purposes since some breeders run two lines of the same variety; one to produce the Rooster and one to produce the Hen; that is a picture of a cockerel he is or will use for his "pullet" line...
Am I right?
Yep

Back
Top Bottom