The Moonshiner's Leghorns

If you have answered this question before, please forgive me but I did attempt a half hearted search. Why do you stop at 1,000 chicks per year? Also, without using FB (because I don’t either), you must have a massive chicken network in MO or do you have a huge deal with someone to supply so many chicks? I use the MS Market Bulletin but you only reach other farmers mostly.

If you have answered this question before, please forgive me but I did attempt a half hearted search. Why do you stop at 1,000 chicks per year? Also, without using FB (because I don’t either), you must have a massive chicken network in MO or do you have a huge deal with someone to supply so many chicks? I use the MS Market Bulletin but you only reach other farmers mostly.
They hatch their own chicks for the most part

I won't stop at 1,000 that was just the goal for this year.
I'll slow way down now.
I don't have any network or a huge deal or any deal with anyone. I don't hatch chicks to sell. I hatch them for myself for my project colors/patterns.
Of course I don't keep all 1,000 though. I have a place that does poultry and small animal auctions once a month close by so lots or cockerels and pullets that aren't patterns that I need to further projects go there and are sold.

I won't stop at 1,000 that was just the goal for this year.
I'll slow way down now.
I don't have any network or a huge deal or any deal with anyone. I don't hatch chicks to sell. I hatch them for myself for my project colors/patterns.
Of course I don't keep all 1,000 though. I have a place that does poultry and small animal auctions once a month close by so lots or cockerels and pullets that aren't patterns that I need to further projects go there and are sold.
Awesome! Thanks for the response. I figured as long as this thread is, that question had been asked before. I sell extra roosters to a guy that travels to auctions all over. My laziness or my own projects keep me from going to them and making top dollar for myself. Maybe FB… one day.

Awesome! Thanks for the response. I figured as long as this thread is, that question had been asked before. I sell extra roosters to a guy that travels to auctions all over. My laziness or my own projects keep me from going to them and making top dollar for myself. Maybe FB… one day.
Our auction doesn't bring top dollar for sure but what's good about it is that you cage them up, drop them off, and you're done except for collecting a check.
No hassles and no worries about not being able to get rid of them.

Our auction doesn't bring top dollar for sure but what's good about it is that you cage them up, drop them off, and you're done except for collecting a check.
No hassles and no worries about not being able to get rid of them.
I wish that was a thing around here. I’ve never heard of anything like that though…

Back
Top Bottom