The Moonshiner's Leghorns

I know one parent is pure duckwing but I saw the same and was guessing the other parent and this chick are duckwing/partridge.
Someone used dark brown leghorns way back in some of my first Isabel leghorns so it was there.
I get chicks that I've always assumed had partridge. I'm thinking these brown chicks I'm getting may have the Db gene from the same original birds. :confused:

I know one parent is pure duckwing but I saw the same and was guessing the other parent and this chick are duckwing/partridge.
Someone used dark brown leghorns way back in some of my first Isabel leghorns so it was there.
I get chicks that I've always assumed had partridge. I'm thinking these brown chicks I'm getting may have the Db gene from the same original birds. :confused:
Dark brown leghorns have mahogany and other enhancers but not Dark Brown/Ginger, which is like a Columbian enhancer but without allowing black hackles (think Japanese.)
I didn’t understand dark brown for a long time.

Dark brown leghorns have mahogany and other enhancers but not Dark Brown/Ginger, which is like a Columbian enhancer but without allowing black hackles (think Japanese.)
I didn’t understand dark brown for a long time.

So do you have any ideas what's causing my brown chicks?

20220625_132822.jpg
1656345808516.png

1656345842840.png

So do you have any ideas what's causing my brown chicks?
Jeans GIF by Family Guy

Back
Top Bottom