The Moonshiner's Leghorns

Do not sass me, sir.
spank season 23 GIF by The Bachelor
Season 2 Carly GIF by Paramount+

Moony, how many hens do you have that actively lay?
I have no idea. More then I'd care to count.
I only have 13 ATM that I'm hatching from. Gonna swap some stuff around in a few days.
I have a large pen with just random hens, no roosters that I collect anywhere from a 1/2 to 2/3 of a 5 gallon bucket of eggs a day from then a few smaller pens I get I have no clue how many from. Then about a dozen hens that are loose that idk how many are laying or even where they do.

I have no idea. More then I'd care to count.
I only have 13 ATM that I'm hatching from. Gonna swap some stuff around in a few days.
I have a large pen with just random hens, no roosters that I collect anywhere from a 1/2 to 2/3 of a 5 gallon bucket of eggs a day from then a few smaller pens I get I have no clue how many from. Then about a dozen hens that are loose that idk how many are laying or even where they do.
What do you do with most of the eggs?

Okay, so let's look at a (I think) conservative estimation.

50 hens - 13 being used = 37 hens just plopping out butt nuggets.

Let's say, $4 an egg, or $40 a dozen, which you could get between 2 and 3 of a week depending on how the hens feel about production.

$40 would buy, what, 1 1/2 almost 2 bags of feed? That would feed those birds ideally 4-7 days give or take?

My math could totally be off, wouldn't be the first time. But if it's not, then just selling a dozen hatching eggs a week (buyer pays shipping) could almost cover feed costs. And I'm sure plenty would pay more for these eggs than what I used as an example

Back
Top Bottom