The Moonshiner's Leghorns

Could the same be done for any breed? Now I kinda want to work on blue gold pheonixes....
Absolutely
Anything I do with leghorns can be done with any other breed as long as you can the right colors/patterns to start with.
I've always wanted people to understand that. I'm not showing what you can do with leghorns per say but what you can do with colors/patterns.

I have it on good authority that Moonshiner no longer has any leghorns. He now exclusively grows Moonhorns and Legshines. They all lay white eggs. He's been gathering eggs and putting them in incubators so many years that the chickens have started laying straight in the incubator. Inquiring minds want to know what kind of monkeyshines he was up to in the barn last night?

Absolutely
Anything I do with leghorns can be done with any other breed as long as you can the right colors/patterns to start with.
I've always wanted people to understand that. I'm not showing what you can do with leghorns per say but what you can do with colors/patterns.
Okay! Figured I would double check before going on the hunt for blue eggs

I have it on good authority that Moonshiner no longer has any leghorns. He now exclusively grows Moonhorns and Legshines. They all lay white eggs. He's been gathering eggs and putting them in incubators so many years that the chickens have started laying straight in the incubator. Inquiring minds want to know what kind of monkeyshines he was up to in the barn last night?
72x2tc.gif

Basically if I want Black (Normal) Cuckoo out of them, or possibly Blue, what's the best combination to get that? They throw Chocolate and Lavender Cuckoo currently.
Still lost.
What's throwing what? Are you getting lavender from non lavender birds?
Like some of the chocolate carry lavender?

Still lost.
What's throwing what? Are you getting lavender from non lavender birds?
Like some of the chocolate carry lavender?
Yes, one of those cocks carries Lavender. They are both supposed to be Chocolate. One is lighter than the other. The Lavender hen looks Lavender and not cuckoo, but there is super faint barring when you look at her the right way.

Yes, one of those cocks carries Lavender. They are both supposed to be Chocolate. One is lighter than the other. The Lavender hen looks Lavender and not cuckoo, but there is super faint barring when you look at her the right way.
Chocolate cuckoo M Xs black F = black single gene cuckoo cockerels that carry chocolate. Chocolate cuckoo pullets

Chocolate cuckoo M Xs blue F = black single gene cuckoo cockerels that carry chocolate. Blue single gene cuckoo cockerels that carry chocolate. Chocolate cuckoo pullets. Mauve (chocolate and blue) cuckoo pullets

Black M Xs Lavender cuckoo F = black single gene cuckoo cockerels that carry lavender. Black pullets

Blue M Xs Lavender cuckoo F = black single gene cuckoo cockerels that carry lavender. Blue single gene cuckoo cockerels that carry lavender. Black pullets. Blue pullets.

Black M Xs chocolate cuckoo F = black single gene cuckoo cockerels that carry chocolate. Black pullets

Blue M Xs chocolate cuckoo F = black single gene cuckoo cockerels that carry chocolate. Blue single gene cuckoo cockerels that carry chocolate. Black pullets. Blue pullets.

Back
Top Bottom