The Moonshiner's Leghorns

Guess what today was?
View attachment 3522699

Our annual Memorial weekend auction. Monday is farm stuff day.
Started at 9 and by noon I hadn't bought a thing. Wasn't a ton of good stuff and seemed everything I considered apparently everyone else wanted too. Metal roofing, rolls of wire and poly tanks were going for high prices.
Took a quick break and ate and as soon as I got back I scored this....
View attachment 3522701
9 and 1/2 pieces of 7' 6" sheets for $18.
Then 10 pieces of red and white thick stuff.
View attachment 3522702
6 - 8', 3 - 10' and a 14' with the diagonal cut. All for $10
Then 2 - 8', a dozen 3' and 4' and 5 - 8' ridge caps for $5
Man, that was some bargain shopping.

Then I got a bunch of 2x4s that looked like hell. Full of nails etc. But about 30 8' and 10' in one stack and then probably another 30 14' ones.
View attachment 3522705
Both stacks total $35.
Have I mentioned I love auctions?
Bought a couple random things, chain link gate and such then finished the day finally getting a poly tank. Was hoping some would go cheap and I'd get them for brooders.
This one was in decent shape and decent size. Haven't measured it but it's 140 gallon.
View attachment 3522720
About killed me but it was the last one of the day and d@mnit that was my number 1 want. $50. That's probably actually not a bad price.
Me and the boy puts some water in it so I could scrub it some and he decided it would make a nice jacuzzi tub. Ya i.dont think so.boy.
Busy day but a fun day for me.
Not a bad price for the tub, though it will need a good half dozen scrubs. New, they're at least 2x that here, probably more like 4x

Oh ya I got about 12 or 15 boob lights.
They had all them and a bathroom vanity type fixture then two hanging fixtures with the 5 bulbs.
They were taking bids for choice light. I wasn't paying much attention at first cause I figured a couple would bid a little bit for one of the fancy ones.
After they were gone the boob lights would probably sell for a buck or two or at least a few would since there was so many.
I was right by the auctioneer and he kind of knows me. He said how about you? You need a light? I said I'll take 2 of the little ones for a buck each. He said we need to get $2 because the first $1 goes to us. $1 a piece and the consignee won't get nothing. I said na.
Next thing I know he says OK all the lights for one money and I got you for $2. No one else bid so I got the whole pile for $2. Lol

I need to build about a dozen more brooders.
Lord me too. I just kicked all the babies outside under heat to make room for more babies hatching.
Is that possible?
Yes, it would be Mauve. The bird expresses both Blue and Chocolate at the same time mixed together. A bird can't Have Chocolate areas and Blue areas though. It's all or nothing.

Although now, I'm thinking what would it look like if you crossed Chocolate and Blue into Jubilee so all the Black markings were Mauve?

Can you make Mauve Nonsense, Moony?
Guess what today was?
View attachment 3522699

Our annual Memorial weekend auction. Monday is farm stuff day.
Started at 9 and by noon I hadn't bought a thing. Wasn't a ton of good stuff and seemed everything I considered apparently everyone else wanted too. Metal roofing, rolls of wire and poly tanks were going for high prices.
Took a quick break and ate and as soon as I got back I scored this....
View attachment 3522701
9 and 1/2 pieces of 7' 6" sheets for $18.
Then 10 pieces of red and white thick stuff.
View attachment 3522702
6 - 8', 3 - 10' and a 14' with the diagonal cut. All for $10
Then 2 - 8', a dozen 3' and 4' and 5 - 8' ridge caps for $5
Man, that was some bargain shopping.

Then I got a bunch of 2x4s that looked like hell. Full of nails etc. But about 30 8' and 10' in one stack and then probably another 30 14' ones.
View attachment 3522705
Both stacks total $35.
Have I mentioned I love auctions?
Bought a couple random things, chain link gate and such then finished the day finally getting a poly tank. Was hoping some would go cheap and I'd get them for brooders.
This one was in decent shape and decent size. Haven't measured it but it's 140 gallon.
View attachment 3522720
About killed me but it was the last one of the day and d@mnit that was my number 1 want. $50. That's probably actually not a bad price.
Me and the boy put some water in it so I could scrub it some and he decided it would make a nice jacuzzi tub. Ya i don't think so boy.
Busy day but a fun day for me.
I am so incredibly jealous. Not so much on prying the nails out of the 2x4's but the metal is a great deal.
boob lights
Happy Excuse Me GIF

I am so incredibly jealous. Not so much on prying the nails out of the 2x4's but the metal is a great deal.
Ya I hate pulling nails too but I'll work a little if it saves me money. I'm not one of those that things my time is so valuable that I don't want to make an effort for things. (Not saying you are)
The metal can go either way. Sometimes it is cheap but sometimes it sells for almost store prices.
It's best when there's quite a bit. By the later part of the day most have bought what they wanted already and lots skip over the smaller stacks.
It's literally almost the only time and place I buy metal.

Back
Top Bottom