The Moonshiner's Leghorns

Do you still have any from your blue project?
Lots of blue stuff. Blue and blue mottled. Just starting up blue barred. Well restarting I guess.
Blue gold duckwing and blue silver duckwing. Gonna move to adding barring to both of those here soon.

Probably 22 to 24 weeks average. None of mine are "production" blood so....
That's about what I figured. I had a line of Rhode Island Reds that would start between 20-22 weeks back when I was a kid. But I've never really had anything else start before 24 weeks.

Probably 22 to 24 weeks average. None of mine are "production" blood so....
That's about what I figured. I had a line of Rhode Island Reds that would start between 20-22 weeks back when I was a kid. But I've never really had anything else start before 24 weeks.
Thanks. Mine are about 12 weeks now. And they did come from production birds. I figured they would lay more like 18-20 weeks, glad I asked the experts.
I must say, they are hilarious running around the yard.
I ended up keeping 5 girls and 1 boy. The male is half light brahma, and one of the girls is also. They come right to the door of my back porch and stare at me. :D
C2B6662F-71C3-42B7-9334-11DE6B14FCD2.jpeg
21033B0D-98D6-4868-B5F5-7D93E1F115FF.jpeg
98B5924C-CBD6-4683-89FB-FBB1883C97FC.jpeg
A00C11B9-77C6-4E5F-BF4E-1CE5519E77E1.jpeg

How much you charging per dozen?

Specifically blues.
How many were you thinking? Just a dozen? Two dozen?
I'd have to see what I could get together in a timely manner. I'd rather only send eggs 2 maybe 3 days old so that's kind of limiting for just something specific.
I've got two pens that are "blues". One only produces blues and blacks. The other blue, black, splash and maybe occasionally a mottled bbs.
Then I have one pen that produces mostly if not all mottled bbs.
For a dozen I could stay in the first two pens. For two I might have to throw some of something else in.

How many were you thinking? Just a dozen? Two dozen?
I'd have to see what I could get together in a timely manner. I'd rather only send eggs 2 maybe 3 days old so that's kind of limiting for just something specific.
I've got two pens that are "blues". One only produces blues and blacks. The other blue, black, splash and maybe occasionally a mottled bbs.
Then I have one pen that produces mostly if not all mottled bbs.
For a dozen I could stay in the first two pens. For two I might have to throw some of something else in.
Hmm…I’m thinking maybe starting off with just a dozen of either or both of your blue pen eggs for now to see how well shipping goes first. I’ll be on vacation from 6/23-7/9 so I can wait until I get back home to place order if necessary.

Back
Top Bottom