The Moonshiner's Mischief, Madness & Mayhem

Pics
So you'd have to stand there the whole time and watch to male sure nobody kicks anyone else off?

Conan! We need to go teach the flatlanders how to dairy.
They're not on top of each other and usually wouldn't leave their bottle to go harness someone else.
I think we're good here. Milk crates are for putting milk in not calves.

This is how you feed calves Screenshot_20211021-083404_Chrome.jpg

Yeah you have money coming out your ears to buy them a shelter each too.... what's wrong with a paddock?
I mentioned what's wrong with it. Makes it harder to know exactly who's getting what and if they're getting enough.

We used to give each calf their own mother's milk too for the first few days. Hard to do that if you toss them all in a pen together. Assuming you have the barn space to do that to begin with. They get tossed into a pen together once they're weaned.

Last edited:
I mentioned what's wrong with it. Makes it harder to know exactly who's getting what and if they're getting enough.

We used to give each calf their own mother's milk too for the first few days. Hard to do that if you toss them all in a pen together. Assuming you have the barn space to do that to begin with. They get tossed into a pen together once they're weaned.
But I don't get exactly why you need to know if they have had 500ml or 600ml ?????

Yes thats metric and yes I made those amounts up as a example

Back
Top Bottom