The most amazing little gentleman EVER!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by luvmychicknkids, Mar 12, 2009.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I just had to share this oh so sweet story. [​IMG] My Mother has the sweetest rooster. He is a mutt, father was a BSL, mother an EE. He is absolutely GORGEOUS and named Starla (poor gender confused guy). Anyway, he is AMAZING with his hens. My Mom has a forsythia bush they love to eat the flowers from. Lately she has seen him actually holding the limbs in his beak so the girls could reach the flowers easier. She decided to help him out a little a couple of days ago and held a limb down for him. Instead of doing what she thought he would and eating with his girls, he started picking flowers off and laying them on the ground. He then called his girls over and let them eat. [​IMG] I wish I ad a pic of him doing it, but I wasn't there, she called and told me. But here is the beautiful boy.

[​IMG]

2. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    Wow that is so sweet!

3. AK_Button_Mama

AK_Button_Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    that is so sweet!!! I noticed the quail do that kind of thing too!! I wish ALL men were like that... allthough mine human man isnt half bad, he aint no starla!!!

4. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    LOL, yes, I think human males could learn a few lessons from these guys. [​IMG] Thankfully, mine is close (notice I said CLOSE). [​IMG] He even picks me daisies (my favorite) but never expects me to eat them!!! LOL

5. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    [​IMG] I love sweet rooster stories - thanks for sharing!

6. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

People have done the "Prettiest Chicken" and the "Ugliest Chicken" but someone should do the "Best Tempered" chicken....

7. #1California Chick

#1California Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    AAAWWWWWAAA!! How sweet!! This really makes me want to have a Roo, even though they are not allowed in my city!!!

Thanks for sharing a NICE story about a Roo!!

Cindy

8. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    Quote:i think he would win both prettiest and best tempered! he's GORGEOUS! i bet he would make the perfect daddy if one of your hens goes broody

9. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    He is soo sweet! (and handsome)

10. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

So sweet! Thanks for sharing. Makes me wish I could have a roo. Darn suburbs. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by