The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop- A Role Play

Ellie sighed “now what do we do? We can’t exactly get it going again, do we jump?” Ellie asked aghast at the idea

Blair had recovered her hearing finally and was comforting Kit, who was still pawing at the bee-sting on her nose, when the elevator gave the most horrendous screech. She slammed her hands over her ears as the elevator shook and screamed until it shuddered to a halt, leaving them trapped between floors.
She uncovered her ears, glancing around the elevator. They were entirely enclosed, until there was four thuds that caught her attention, and she turning in time to see Take leap through an open gap at the top.
She peered up, pulling away from her corner and coming to the rest of the group. "This is exactly what I was worried about. Who thought it was a good idea to jump in an elevator in a castle that's tried to kill us?"

"Sorry," Charlie said. As everyone started humming elevator music, he tapped his finger against the wall, trying to stay in tune with them. Wish I'd brought my headphones.

"Uhhhh," Charlie tried to look innocent and stuck his hands in his pockets.
Kyle stuck an accusing thumb at Clary, then narrowed his eyes at Charlie.
“A better question is, why are we assuming that ancient technology will somehow work better than the elevators at home that I’m sure you’ve caused to get stuck?”
Take’s efforts caused a creaky lurch and a flat piece of solid stone seemed to detach from the ceiling, rushing towards Take and the elevator at an alarming rate.
Kyle’s eyes widened to the size of jellybeans.
“Take! Get down here!” he squeaked. “You can’t punch your way out of this one, it’ll flatten you!”

“A better question is, why are we assuming that ancient technology will somehow work better than the elevators at home that I’m sure you’ve caused to get stuck?”
Take’s efforts caused a creaky lurch and a flat piece of solid stone seemed to detach from the ceiling, rushing towards Take and the elevator at an alarming rate.
“Take! Get down here!” he squeaked. “You can’t punch your way out of this one, it’ll flatten you!”
"He's going to be deaf to that, you know, sir," Colby wisely pointed out from his corner. "That's Take."

Haddie had turned into a human when they reached the elevator, after grabbing some bug snacks. She scooped Kipp up easily, but lost balance when the elevator screeched to a stop. "Sh-" she was cut off as she fell into Clary. She cushioned Kipp's fall with her body, but knocked Clary into the wall.

As someone bumped into Clary, she was sent stumbling face-first into the elevator wall. She turned around, ready to punch whoever did that, but when she saw it was Haddie with Kipp, she relaxed. “Try to be careful, okay?” She said calmly.

“Hey!” Clary protested at Kyle’s small, accusing thumb. “I wasn’t the one jumping.” She said, glaring up at Take.

"He's going to be deaf to that, you know, sir," Colby wisely pointed out from his corner. "That's Take."
As someone bumped into Clary, she was sent stumbling face-first into the elevator wall. She turned around, ready to punch whoever did that, but when she saw it was Haddie with Kipp, she relaxed. “Try to be careful, okay?” She said calmly.

“Hey!” Clary protested at Kyle’s small, accusing thumb. “I wasn’t the one jumping.” She said, glaring up at Take.
"We never said you were the one jumping, Clary. Actually it was Charlie and Take, so... Their fault, not yours," Blair responded.

~

"He won't be deaf to me, that's for sure," Blair growled the moment the elevator lurched upwards. She pushed her way to the center, eyes widening as the stone came plumbing down full-force towards the top.
"Take!" She yelled, anxiously poised on the balls of her feet. The rocks going to hit him...the rocks gonna hit him...
"Get back down here right now or I swear to god I'll get up there and drag you back down myself! Come back before you get yourself killed!" Her first sentance would have been enough, a snarling stream of words, but her last sentence broke the threat, trembling with worry and panic. Come on, Take!

"We never said you were the one jumping, Clary. Actually it was Charlie and Take, so... Their fault, not yours," Blair responded.

~

"He won't be deaf to me, that's for sure," Blair growled the moment the elevator lurched upwards. She pushed her way to the center, eyes widening as the stone came plumbing down full-force towards the top.
"Take!" She yelled, anxiously poised on the balls of her feet. The rocks going to hit him...the rocks gonna hit him...
"Get back down here right now or I swear to god I'll get up there and drag you back down myself! Come back before you get yourself killed!" Her first sentance would have been enough, a snarling stream of words, but her last sentence broke the threat, trembling with worry and panic. Come on, Take!
Crap crap crap, just one more floor...
The voices of the group echoed in his ears, urging him to come back down, especially Blair’s.
Take continued cranking anxiously to the next floor before retreating down to the cabin as the large stone came rumbling down, shaking the whole car and a loud snap followed.
“Get out now” he glared to the group as he hung from the ceiling, his legs bent to avoid hitting their heads.

The voices of the group echoed in his ears, urging him to come back down, especially Blair’s.
Take continued cranking anxiously to the next floor before retreating down to the cabin as the large stone came rumbling down, shaking the whole car and a loud snap followed.
“Get out now” he glared to the group as he hung from the ceiling, his legs bent to avoid hitting their heads.
An opening rushed past and my characters didn’t have to be told twice.
Kyle, Rylie and Cam flung themselves out the open door. “Come on!” Kyle said. The car was plummeting through the shaft. Cam scooped up Rylie and squeezed him, hoping everyone would get out ok.
Kyle bravely stood at the edge of the opening, ready to assist anyone with his fairly useless efforts.

Haddie lay on the floor, dazed, Kipp sprawled over her. Kipp started moving groggily. Haddie lifted her head, then let it thunk back on the ground. "Well, at least he's alive." She sat up and pushed Kipp off of her, checking his leg. The swelling hadn't gone down, but the antihistamines and antiparalitics in the plants seemed to have kicked in a bit. She stood up and looked up at Take, who seemed to be pulling the car, which had to weigh at least a ton with all of the people in it, up. Holy crap. She gasped as Take jumped back into the car and the car started falling. She shifted to a sparrow, darted out of a crack in the rock, and shifted into a teratorn, grasping the hitch at the top of the elevator and spreading her wings as far as she could, slowing the plummet of the car a good deal.

~

“Well, Kyle was acting like it was my fault, so I told him otherwise,” Clary grumbled. She realized how immature she must’ve sounded, and mentally smacked herself, turning away from Blair.

An opening rushed past and my characters didn’t have to be told twice.
Kyle, Rylie and Cam flung themselves out the open door. “Come on!” Kyle said. The car was plummeting through the shaft. Cam scooped up Rylie and squeezed him, hoping everyone would get out ok.
Kyle bravely stood at the edge of the opening, ready to assist anyone with his fairly useless efforts.

As an opening appeared, Clary jumped out of the elevator. She looked down at Kyle, carefully nudging him away with her toe. “Careful little guy, you could fall down that crack,” she warned, and then stuck her hands out. “Here, let me help with Kipp.”

Haddie lay on the floor, dazed, Kipp sprawled over her. Kipp started moving groggily. Haddie lifted her head, then let it thunk back on the ground. "Well, at least he's alive." She sat up and pushed Kipp off of her, checking his leg. The swelling hadn't gone down, but the antihistamines and antiparalitics in the plants seemed to have kicked in a bit. She stood up and looked up at Take, who seemed to be pulling the car, which had to weigh at least a ton with all of the people in it, up. Holy crap. She gasped as Take jumped back into the car and the car started falling. She shifted to a sparrow, darted out of a crack in the rock, and shifted into a teratorn, grasping the hitch at the top of the elevator and spreading her wings as far as she could, slowing the plummet of the car a good deal.
Blair didn't hesitate when she saw Take appear above her. She jumped forward as the car started falling, and when Haddie stopped it, she slammed her shoulder blade into a terrified Fox's back, shoving him through the back.
Heart roaring in her chest, she lunged forward to the gap that was shrinking rapidly. She spun, her head snapped upwards anxiously to look at Take still dangling above the floor. "Come on," she called anxiously. "Come down, Take, let's go!"

Blair didn't hesitate when she saw Take appear above her. She jumped forward as the car started falling, and when Haddie stopped it, she slammed her shoulder blade into a terrified Fox's back, shoving him through the back.
Heart roaring in her chest, she lunged forward to the gap that was shrinking rapidly. She spun, her head snapped upwards anxiously to look at Take still dangling above the floor. "Come on," she called anxiously. "Come down, Take, let's go!"
When the rest of the group made their escape from the car, Take swung himself like a monkey into the hallway landing on his hands and feet. His arms were shaking out of shock from the weight he was pulling, leaving them strained and sore.

Back
Top Bottom