The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop- A Role Play

When the rest of the group made their escape from the car, Take swung himself like a monkey into the hallway landing on his hands and feet. His arms were shaking out of shock from the weight he was pulling, leaving them strained and sore.
Blair scrambled through the open, landing on the ground just moments before the gap slammed closed as the elevator car flew down the shaft.
She rolled onto her feet to stand, watching Take carefully. His arms were shaking, and he was visibly exhausted from pulling the weight of the car and ever one inside it.
She crouched beside him, gritting her teeth at the throbbing in her leg. "Are you gonna be okay?" She asked softly, gnawing her bottom lip as she glanced from him to the rest of the shaken group.

(Of course notifications stop the second I make a post. :he )

Haddie had turned into a human when they reached the elevator, after grabbing some bug snacks. She scooped Kipp up easily, but lost balance when the elevator screeched to a stop. "Sh-" she was cut off as she fell into Clary. She cushioned Kipp's fall with her body, but knocked Clary into the wall.

Haddie lay on the floor, dazed, Kipp sprawled over her. Kipp started moving groggily. Haddie lifted her head, then let it thunk back on the ground. "Well, at least he's alive." She sat up and pushed Kipp off of her, checking his leg. The swelling hadn't gone down, but the antihistamines and antiparalitics in the plants seemed to have kicked in a bit. She stood up and looked up at Take, who seemed to be pulling the car, which had to weigh at least a ton with all of the people in it, up. Holy crap. She gasped as Take jumped back into the car and the car started falling. She shifted to a sparrow, darted out of a crack in the rock, and shifted into a teratorn, grasping the hitch at the top of the elevator and spreading her wings as far as she could, slowing the plummet of the car a good deal.

Kipp didn't realize that the uncomfortable lump under his stomach was a person until he was shoved off.

"Uhh, yeah. I'm still alive." He said his voice a dry rasp. Kipp forced his body to sit up, locking his elbows behind him, and squinted at Haddie, still barely awake. "What is that?" He asked referring to the deafening squeaks the elevator was making. Haddie stood then and darted away as a sparrow. The rest of the groups anxiety suddenly reached him. Somethings happening. Was all he had time to think before a loud crack echoed above his head and the floor under him pulled away. His stomach lurched at the feeling of free fall, and his wings jumped up automatically to catch him. Over whelming panic shot through him as he realized he was in a falling box, flying in here wasn't going to help him, he had to get out. He jumped up, stumbling on his burning, wobbly legs, grabbed Fred and pulled him through with him, some how getting both of them out of the elevator before it had fallen past the opening.

“Well, Kyle was acting like it was my fault, so I told him otherwise,” Clary grumbled. She realized how immature she must’ve sounded, and mentally smacked herself, turning away from Blair.

As an opening appeared, Clary jumped out of the elevator. She looked down at Kyle, carefully nudging him away with her toe. “Careful little guy, you could fall down that crack,” she warned, and then stuck her hands out. “Here, let me help with Kipp.”

"Yes please." He said, panting on the floor.

Blair scrambled through the open, landing on the ground just moments before the gap slammed closed as the elevator car flew down the shaft.
She rolled onto her feet to stand, watching Take carefully. His arms were shaking, and he was visibly exhausted from pulling the weight of the car and ever one inside it.
She crouched beside him, gritting her teeth at the throbbing in her leg. "Are you gonna be okay?" She asked softly, gnawing her bottom lip as she glanced from him to the rest of the shaken group.
Take nodded, “Yeah.. I’ll be fine” he breathed, tightly squeezing his eyes from the tingling sensation in his arms, it was as if they were asleep. He stood up, slightly panting from the rush of adrenaline, “We’re.. nearly at the top” he shared with the group.

“Well, Kyle was acting like it was my fault, so I told him otherwise,” Clary grumbled. She realized how immature she must’ve sounded, and mentally smacked herself, turning away from Blair.

As an opening appeared, Clary jumped out of the elevator. She looked down at Kyle, carefully nudging him away with her toe. “Careful little guy, you could fall down that crack,” she warned, and then stuck her hands out. “Here, let me help with Kipp.”

When the rest of the group made their escape from the car, Take swung himself like a monkey into the hallway landing on his hands and feet. His arms were shaking out of shock from the weight he was pulling, leaving them strained and sore.

Kipp didn't realize that the uncomfortable lump under his stomach was a person until he was shoved off.

"Uhh, yeah. I'm still alive." He said his voice a dry rasp. Kipp forced his body to sit up, locking his elbows behind him, and squinted at Haddie, still barely awake. "What is that?" He asked referring to the deafening squeaks the elevator was making. Haddie stood then and darted away as a sparrow. The rest of the groups anxiety suddenly reached him. Somethings happening. Was all he had time to think before a loud crack echoed above his head and the floor under him pulled away. His stomach lurched at the feeling of free fall, and his wings jumped up automatically to catch him. Over whelming panic shot through him as he realized he was in a falling box, flying in here wasn't going to help him, he had to get out. He jumped up, stumbling on his burning, wobbly legs, grabbed Fred and pulled him through with him, some how getting both of them out of the elevator before it had fallen past the opening.

Kyle spread his arms in an encompassing way. “Is everyone accounted for?” he asked in a loud voice, pointing at each and mouthing one, two, three...
Everyone seemed to be there, except Haddie who could clearly take care of herself, but he could be missing someone. He released a long held breath, his chest visibly deflating. That was a close one; the closest shave they’d had yet. And it would probably only get worse.
He was afraid to speak the words, afraid to jinx it, since their plummet seemed to be caused indirectly by Cam’s delay of the age-old tradition of knocking on wood.
What am I even saying? Kyle stared down at his hands. The left was in a fist and on the right, he had his fingers crossed. Both were shaking slightly. He calmly wiped his hands on his pants and looked up at the group.
“I think we’re all here.”
I’ve just jinxed it. Stupid.

Clary grabbed one of Kipp’s arms and pulled it over her shoulders. Her other arm wrapped around his waist to keep him steady, being careful to not ruffle the delicate feathers on his wings. “How well can you walk? I can help take some of the weight off, but I can’t carry you.” Clary said.

Take nodded, “Yeah.. I’ll be fine” he breathed, tightly squeezing his eyes from the tingling sensation in his arms, it was as if they were asleep. He stood up, slightly panting from the rush of adrenaline, “We’re.. nearly at the top” he shared with the group.
Kyle spread his arms in an encompassing way. “Is everyone accounted for?” he asked in a loud voice, pointing at each and mouthing one, two, three...
Everyone seemed to be there, except Haddie who could clearly take care of herself, but he could be missing someone. He released a long held breath, his chest visibly deflating. That was a close one; the closest shave they’d had yet. And it would probably only get worse.
He was afraid to speak the words, afraid to jinx it, since their plummet seemed to be caused indirectly by Cam’s delay of the age-old tradition of knocking on wood.
What am I even saying? Kyle stared down at his hands. The left was in a fist and on the right, he had his fingers crossed. Both were shaking slightly. He calmly wiped his hands on his pants and looked up at the group.
“I think we’re all here.”
I’ve just jinxed it. Stupid.
Blair straightened up slowly, a hand almost instinctively going to Take's upper arm as he stood up. Her hand lingered there for a moment, trembling against his arm, before she pulled away quickly, her face heating up. He doesn't need you to take care of him, idiot. He's not a child.
She looked up at Kyle's words, knowing her face was red. "I...think," she looked down at Haddie, then at the group quickly. "Yes, everyone is here."

Clary grabbed one of Kipp’s arms and pulled it over her shoulders. Her other arm wrapped around his waist to keep him steady, being careful to not ruffle the delicate feathers on his wings. “How well can you walk? I can help take some of the weight off, but I can’t carry you.” Clary said.
"I can mostly walk I think." He said, trying to get his wobbly knees to cooperate. "Just feels like the dentist got lost and froze my legs. Sorry."

Blair straightened up slowly, a hand almost instinctively going to Take's upper arm as he stood up. Her hand lingered there for a moment, trembling against his arm, before she pulled away quickly, her face heating up. He doesn't need you to take care of him, idiot. He's not a child.
She looked up at Kyle's words, knowing her face was red. "I...think," she looked down at Haddie, then at the group quickly. "Yes, everyone is here."
Take raised an eyebrow.
What was that.
He took his shaky hand and put it on her upper arm in return, letting it settle there longer than she did, “Your face reminds me of a tomato” he commented on her red, flushed face. He then poked her face with a finger, “I appreciate your concern though” he laughed softly then took his hand away, focusing his eyes on the fatigued Kipp.

Back
Top Bottom