The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop- A Role Play

Colby hesitated. He'd been doing a lot of that.
He fished out his blue crystal from his pocket and turned it over once in his hand.
But he didn't surrender it.
Instead, he pivoted to face everyone.
"Hey...uh, this is going to be a weird question." He felt their impatience at his stalling. Hey, hardly any of them knew him more than the infrequent fox kid. It wasn't like he'd contributed much other than being a flesh shield once or twice. "But can we get a group selfie? Please?"
They undoubtedly meant more to him than he did to them. He knew every one of their names, even if they hadn't told them. Dynamic Haddie, unpredictable Take, abrasive Blair, moody Fox, spicy Clary, casual Charlie, gloomy Kipp, kindhearted Cam, peppy Annie, fiery Ellie, astute Fred, valiant Rylie, and Mr. Beck. He knew them well enough to call them friends because he'd been there all along, in the background, simply listening.
When he recounted it all, Nat would berate him for being such an antisocial creep.
Nat. He smiled, seemingly at nothing. If anyone would and could blame him for having a decent hearing reach and an unhelpful lack of extroversion, it'd be her.
If only she'd been here.
"It's just that this is probably going to be the highlight of my life and I'd like to not forget you guys."
“Sure I guess” Take shrugged, carefully moving Kit off of him and getting to his feet. I’ve never been in a group selfie before..
He came over to the small fox kid, “Let’s do this” he muttered, gazing back at the group.

"You won't be disappointed." Blair returned his grin, turning to face him better. "It's gorgeous there."

Blair glanced around as Colby spoke, before looking at the fox boy. She barely knew him, but his tone held a careful desperation, that when no one else did, made her stand up. She glanced at the others with a shake of her head. "Seriously?" She stepped forward, raising a brow at the others. "You're gonna deny the kid a selfie?" She turned her gaze to the fox boy, giving a small smile. I'm not the only one, then.
"'Course we can. This may have been a crazy excursion, but it was one that we shouldn't want to forget."
Kipp shrugged and didn't move.
"It's not that I don't want to. But does anyone actually have a phone with battery left? We've been away from electricity for a long time."

"You won't be disappointed." Blair returned his grin, turning to face him better. "It's gorgeous there."

Blair glanced around as Colby spoke, before looking at the fox boy. She barely knew him, but his tone held a careful desperation, that when no one else did, made her stand up. She glanced at the others with a shake of her head. "Seriously?" She stepped forward, raising a brow at the others. "You're gonna deny the kid a selfie?" She turned her gaze to the fox boy, giving a small smile. I'm not the only one, then.
"'Course we can. This may have been a crazy excursion, but it was one that we shouldn't want to forget."

“Sure I guess” Take shrugged, carefully moving Kit off of him and getting to his feet. I’ve never been in a group selfie before..
He came over to the small fox kid, “Let’s do this” he muttered, gazing back at the group.

Kipp shrugged and didn't move.
"It's not that I don't want to. But does anyone actually have a phone with battery left? We've been away from electricity for a long time."
Colby's smile practically grew to his ears. Out of everyone, Blair was the last person he'd expected to take this in stride and encourage it. Maybe he'd misjudged her.
"Mine's still on," he told Kipp. "I hardly used it."
Then he looked up at Take with a bold kind of hope in his eyes and held out his phone, camera app opened. "Could you...I mean, you're the tallest out of all of us and..."

Kipp sighed, She's even further away than Fred. We'll probably never see each other again.
"Oh." Kipp looked around at the others he didn't know them very well, but he still felt like they were all friends. It would be weird to ask for phone numbers. What would we talk about anyway. I've barely spoken to most of these people.

Colby hesitated. He'd been doing a lot of that.
He fished out his blue crystal from his pocket and turned it over once in his hand.
But he didn't surrender it.
Instead, he pivoted to face everyone.
"Hey...uh, this is going to be a weird question." He felt their impatience at his stalling. Hey, hardly any of them knew him more than the infrequent fox kid. It wasn't like he'd contributed much other than being a flesh shield once or twice. "But can we get a group selfie? Please?"
They undoubtedly meant more to him than he did to them. He knew every one of their names, even if they hadn't told them. Dynamic Haddie, unpredictable Take, abrasive Blair, moody Fox, spicy Clary, casual Charlie, gloomy Kipp, kindhearted Cam, peppy Annie, fiery Ellie, astute Fred, valiant Rylie, and Mr. Beck. He knew them well enough to call them friends because he'd been there all along, in the background, simply listening.
When he recounted it all, Nat would berate him for being such an antisocial creep.
Nat. He smiled, seemingly at nothing. If anyone would and could blame him for having a decent hearing reach and an unhelpful lack of extroversion, it'd be her.
If only she'd been here.
"It's just that this is probably going to be the highlight of my life and I'd like to not forget you guys."
(Woah, you included everyone... :hit this will bring back so many feels)
As scary and uncomfortable as this all was, it’s probably going to be the most significant thing that I’ll do in my life. I’ll have some crazy stories to tell.
Cam looked down at the stone that still hung from his paw and like the question that hung in the air. His other paw was carefully fingering his pocket where she could see the bulge of his phone.
She released a breath. I know I’m trying so hard to get home, but I’ve gotta live in the moment.
“Oh, all right,” she said, a grin spreading across her face as she stepped behind the young fox. “But after this, you gotta promise to put your stone in. I don’t want to be here when another giant spider shows up.”

Kyle vaulted gracefully from the summit of the stone onto Rylie’s back, delivering another spectacular front flip. Rylie assumed a place at the fox’s feet, noticing that the others slowly gathering around him.

Colby's smile practically grew to his ears. Out of everyone, Blair was the last person he'd expected to take this in stride and encourage it. Maybe he'd misjudged her.
Then he looked up at Take with a bold kind of hope in his eyes and held out his phone, camera app opened. "Could you...I mean, you're the tallest out of all of us and..."
(Woah, you included everyone... :hit this will bring back so many feels)
As scary and uncomfortable as this all was, it’s probably going to be the most significant thing that I’ll do in my life. I’ll have some crazy stories to tell.
Cam looked down at the stone that still hung from his paw and like the question that hung in the air. His other paw was carefully fingering his pocket where she could see the bulge of his phone.
She released a breath. I know I’m trying so hard to get home, but I’ve gotta live in the moment.
“Oh, all right,” she said, a grin spreading across her face as she stepped behind the young fox. “But after this, you gotta promise to put your stone in. I don’t want to be here when another giant spider shows up.”

Kyle vaulted gracefully from the summit of the stone onto Rylie’s back, delivering another spectacular front flip. Rylie assumed a place at the fox’s feet, noticing that the others slowly gathering around him.
Blair grinned at the young boy, pulling her hair down and then fixing it back into a more dignified braid as she joined the group. At least I won't look like I just came out of a wind tunnel.

Take took the phone without a word, eyeing the camera app carefully and making sure it was flipped. Okay.. now I gotta make sure everyone gets in it.
He lifted the phone up in one hand, sideways for landscape mode. He glanced back, “Everyone here?”

Take took the phone without a word, eyeing the camera app carefully and making sure it was flipped. Okay.. now I gotta make sure everyone gets in it.
He lifted the phone up in one hand, sideways for landscape mode. He glanced back, “Everyone here?”
Colby let his smile settle down into the range of normalcy and took a step back out of Take's shadow, coming to stand next to Cam. "Pretty sure, but, knowing us, there's always a chance someone's MIA."

Back
Top Bottom