The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop- A Role Play

Fred waved a sad goodbye “oh KIpp” he quickly handed him a card with a phone number on it. “I’m getting my brothers old phone so that’s the number” Fred explained.
Kipp took the piece of paper nodding as he looked down at it.
"Bye, Kipp." Blair murmured, raising one hand into a peace sign. "See you around sometime."
Take’s hand returned by his side, “We’ll meet up sometime, cool?”
Elias nodded towards Kipp, and soon they vanished. They appeared at another stop, just outside the Memphis City Park. Three young kids and their mother were seated at the stop, pestering that they wanted to go to McDonald’s instead of shopping. When Elias’ group appeared, they immediately shut up and stared wide-eyed, mouths dropped at the group. The mother sighed out of relief now that her kids were much focused on something else.
Take glared at the kids, sticking his tongue out at them and making various faces.
Elias muttered under his breath and slightly nudged the young Fred away, “It’s nearly 10AM here, so get home safe alright?” His staff tapped again, and the three vanished from sight. That’s when they arrived at their final destination, a sheltered bus stop in the outskirts of Tucson.
Take observed the new surroundings, noticing that the bus stop shelter was held up by a purple metal cactus on one side.
Ha neat.

"Goodbye." he said quietly looking up as they disappeared. The University with it's odd sculptures was all that was left standing infront of him.

Officer Tyler Riddle rehashed the described situation over and over again as drove towards the described location, sirens wailing. Not that he really thought it was an emergency. Seemed more like a prank caller by the things he’d heard. But he still had to go and check.
A coffee shop- Cup-o-Joe... off 114 Main Street... Young adults were kidnapped and held there. They had been missing for 24 hours, from various locations, Cameron Millian, Mary Smith, Colby something... Something like that. It was also discovered that students by these names were actually all reported missing from their respective states scattered across the US. Coincidence, not.
So here they are, found in an uneventful little coffee shop in an uneventful little town in uneventful Missouri.

Tyler picked up the speed as he came onto the quick paced highway and turned jerkily into a little lot in front of the shop and parked the vehicle.
The car door slammed shut behind him, and he summoned his confidence as he walked to the door. But no amount of confidence would prepare him for what he saw when the door opened with a merry chime of bells.

Take found Arizona way different than LA almost instantly, but of course it was, it was probably the driest state. It reminded him of where the roadrunner cartoon took place just by dry foliage, red rusty rocks and the many cacti. But he could get used to it, the temperature was pretty warm and it went well with his body heat.
He shoved Blair gently, “So where’s your casa?”

“You’re welcome” Elias replied firmly, adjusting the hold on his staff, almost getting ready to leave.
“Take, you better not catch anything on fire, this environment is much drier than California..”

Take looked back “I already know. I’ll see you later Elias”
(Perhaps we should send Take to Australia against his will, that should get him mad enough to Set the rest of the country alight)

“Thank you. So so much” Fred said “bye Take, bye Blair”. He knew the way home off by heart from here. He opened the door, as usual the house was full of people. “And I’m trying to-“ his mother broke off “I’ll have to call you back”. She hung up the phone “Fred. Where were you? You had chores to do. And I can’t believe you’d run away!” She huffed placing her hands on her hips. Fred shrank away from his mother, “I didn’t run away. I would tell you but you’d never believe me.” His mother rolled her eyes “honestly Fred do you take me for an idiot? Stop spouting off these lies.” Fred nodded and trudged wearily up the stairs. He wondered what his older brother would say
Fred turned the corner passing his younger brothers rooms then he turned into his room, “Fred, your back” James said with a Frown, “Yeah I am. Did you get Willy’s phone yet?” Fred asked. “Yup” he tossed his old phone the Fred, “Thanks” Fred muttered. He finally had his own phone. He pulled out Kipps number texting him “hi. It’s Fred. Hopefully you haven’t forgotten me yet, anyway just texting to let you know my number”

“Later” Take farewelled, still staring off into the street.
“Get home safe” Elias told her as she broke from the group and headed off. His staff tapped the sidewalk twice again, and they were whirled off to Bakersfield. They appeared yet again next to another bus stop that was across from the public university. The campus lights were on, but it was closed and empty.
Take looked down at Kipp, his fist going out to him for a bump. His face wasn’t sad, but instead he just grinned, as a way of saying goodbye.
“Where does this one live?” Elias asked, motioning his staff towards Fred.

Clary turned to look back at them, but they were already gone. Turning around, she took off down the street and towards her house.
She cautiously opened the door, walking in. She felt like she was fifteen again, after sneaking out with her friends.
She spotted Charlie sitting at the kitchen table, still in full work uniform. “Morning, dad,” Clary said, walking into the kitchen.
“Good morning. How was your hike?” He asked. Clary tensed. She didn’t know what her friend decided to tell him, but hopefully it wasn’t the truth.
“It was good, it’s nice to get out into the wilderness sometimes,” Clary said, patting his shoulder as she walked by. “Must’ve been some walk, you were gone for over 24 hours,” Charlie replied. His finger traced the rim of his coffee cup, staring down into the black liquid.
“Oh... I spent the night at a friends house.” she lied nodding slowly.
“Is that so? That’s funny, you see, this morning I got a call saying someone matching your description was spotted all the way in Missouri. Care to explain?” Charlie stood up, staring down at her. “And don’t even think about lying to me. You know I can tell when you’re lying.”
Clary winced, sitting down. “It’s... kind of a long story,” she said.
“And I have all day, and a fresh pot of coffee,” he waved his hand towards the counter. “Now, about you going to Missouri.”

Take found Arizona way different than LA almost instantly, but of course it was, it was probably the driest state. It reminded him of where the roadrunner cartoon took place just by dry foliage, red rusty rocks and the many cacti. But he could get used to it, the temperature was pretty warm and it went well with his body heat.
He shoved Blair gently, “So where’s your casa?”

“You’re welcome” Elias replied firmly, adjusting the hold on his staff, almost getting ready to leave.
“Take, you better not catch anything on fire, this environment is much drier than California..”

Take looked back “I already know. I’ll see you later Elias”
Blair looked up at Take, giving a small smile and jerking her head down the road, to the left. "Down that way." She replied, already getting a head start down the sidewalk.

~

Alanna saw her father adjust his hold on his staff, and suddenly bolted in front of him, still unseen. The moment Blair and Take stepped out of the bus stop, she flickered into his sight, gasping out a single word, in a sharp, breathy, panicked voice: "Dad!"

Blair looked up at Take, giving a small smile and jerking her head down the road, to the left. "Down that way." She replied, already getting a head start down the sidewalk.

~

Alanna saw her father adjust his hold on his staff, and suddenly bolted in front of him, still unseen. The moment Blair and Take stepped out of the bus stop, she flickered into his sight, gasping out a single word, in a sharp, breathy, panicked voice: "Dad!"
Take nodded, following beside her and Kit. It’s around nine in the morning here.. right? These time zones are confusing. “Have you lived in Arizona your whole life?” he asked randomly.

Elias nearly fell back from Alanna’s sudden appearance, it scared the living daylights out of him, his heart was beating rapidly, as if he were going to suffer a heart attack. He stepped back carefully, a sense of nervousness in his voice, “..A-Ala..nna..? M-my child..? Is.. that.. r-really you?” his overgrown eyebrows arched up in surprise and almost disbelief that this ghostly girl was his daughter. His hand reached out to her, quivering from overwhelming emotions.

Cam grinned. ”Then I’ll definitely spam you with plant geek stuff in retaliation.”
Satisfied by the soup, she tapped her fingers on the table, watching Haddie go. She never even gave us contact information. We’ll probably never see her again. Her forehead creased with the saddening realization.

Ellie say cross legged on on Wednesday of the chairs. There was only a handful of people left in the coffee shop, and she was one of them. Ellie smoothed her crazy frizzy plait. “It’s hard to believe it’s only been 24 hours” She said to nobody in particular, she was really going to miss this group, she didn’t have any real friends back home so it was a nice change to be able to say she had real friends now

Officer Tyler Riddle rehashed the described situation over and over again as drove towards the described location, sirens wailing. Not that he really thought it was an emergency. Seemed more like a prank caller by the things he’d heard. But he still had to go and check.
A coffee shop- Cup-o-Joe... off 114 Main Street... Young adults were kidnapped and held there. They had been missing for 24 hours, from various locations, Cameron Millian, Mary Smith, Colby something... Something like that. It was also discovered that students by these names were actually all reported missing from their respective states scattered across the US. Coincidence, not.
So here they are, found in an uneventful little coffee shop in an uneventful little town in uneventful Missouri.

Tyler picked up the speed as he came onto the quick paced highway and turned jerkily into a little lot in front of the shop and parked the vehicle.
The car door slammed shut behind him, and he summoned his confidence as he walked to the door. But no amount of confidence would prepare him for what he saw when the door opened with a merry chime of bells.
"There's no way I'm looking at running from the law as a viable option, but, waiting here for the police is going to ultimately lead to Nat getting so busted for-" Colby was musing to Cam when the coffee shop's door announced its opening. He finished off his muffin with a large bite as he sized up their visitor in blue. "Oh. Nevermind. Hi, Officer."

Back
Top Bottom