The Most Expensive Chicken Coop?

calista

Songster
9 Years
Jan 27, 2010
After adding up what we've already spent on constructing our coop for 50 hens (and calculating that each egg we'll be getting will cost at least $200
lol.png
), hubby wanted to know what the most expensive chicken coop was going for.

He felt a lot better after seeing the price tag on THIS baby:

47849_hen-hotel-on-trailer.jpg

http://www.henspa.com/henhotel_se.htm

So now you know what to get with the first $15,000 when you win the lottery.
wink.png

(I'd love to ask questions about its operation from someone who actually owns one of these.)

I think most of us here on BYC are true chicken people and get really involved with our birds. A set up like that is more for rich folk who never get involved with their birds to know when they lay or how to clean the coop.
I think I have spent about that much money on all my coops all together! I enjoy the actual work that goes into farming and keeping animals. The building with tools may give me blisters, bruises and teaches my chickens all the language of a rough sailor but when I am done I stand back and say.."Wow! I did that!"

But yeah, if I win the lottery and one of mine starts falling apart and I am a few years older than I am now I may just have to purchase a set up like that.

Wow that's a nice coop! I'd never pay $15k for it though. I wonder. How big it is? Almost looks 10x20 not sure though.

Quote:
Yeah that's how I was thinking! How do you go in at night on that wire floor, when they are roosting just so you can pet them.
I do like the solar power though.

Awsome looking coop!! Half of the fun of having chickens has been building a coop that is the envy of all my friends and neighbors. You could call me a hobbiest rather than a farmer but that's OK. I suppose if you were to figure in the cost of building my coop I would have very expensive eggs as well, but what the heck, it's only money.
tongue.png

I guess that's a new model for them. It's solar powered, for lights, the door control and an electric fence. The electric fence is included, along with egg cartons.
big_smile.png

I forgot to mention the leaf free gutters that catch rain water.

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree with Nadine and others that there's no SOUL in this chicken palace, no apparent attempt to design for any interaction with your hens. Laying on Astroturf??? Walking on wire??? Doesn't sound like the comfort of the ladies was foremost in mind. It's more like a chicken gulag -- lay an egg a day or else!
tongue.png

I like the solar array, the electrical set-up, and the rainwater collection, so at least it's a "green" coop for all the GREEN you'd have to spend on it.

Wonder what the shipping cost would be from Virginia to Washington State, and if they'd take ten bucks a month for the next 50 years...
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom