The most expensive pound of chicken....

EggsForIHOP

Songster
9 Years
Apr 18, 2010
TEXAS
54700_broilersday1.jpg

Well, they finally made it! I was slightly disappointed though...while every chick was alive and well...I paid for 25 chicks...and ONLY 21 came! Of course, it's Saturday...so I sent an email and will call them Monday. I am sure they will offer me a credit or some such for the four missing chicks. The box was all intact, I don't think any escaped...guess someone lost count
smile.png
Oh well, I'd rather have 21 alive and well than none at all!

Sent that pic to my husband (he's at work) with the message "They made it!"

He replied "How much that cost us again?"

"$39.50"

A few minutes later I get..."You realize that is probably the most expensive pound of chicken we've had on our kitchen table ever?"

I laughed my tail off! He's right...at this moment, they are the most expensive pound of chicken ever to sit on my table!

One other thing...some of them, less than half, bout 6 or 7, have black marker dots...not ALL of them...just some...anyone else order from Welp that can tell me what that is? Black dots are boys, or girls, or NOT broilers? Any clue? Just curious...couldn't figure out the dots.

I've orderd from Whelp for a while now and have never had a problem. I'd call Monday and ask them. There may have been a mixup with the labels and you have the wrong order.

I was a little worried - really, Charlie Brown with the rocks instead of candy feeling for a moment worried...

What I am HOPING is that the black dots mean "hen" or "roo" because I have them separated right now according to dot/no dot...for just because...

But I went and did a re-count after I read your post to be absolutely positively positive....I have 15 NO dots and 6 DOTS...I don't know what that means now. But, heck, at worst if I got something in there that will lay eggs I'll take it and if not and someone just swiped 4 birds (because I've seen some strange kleptomaniac stuff working at IHOP - people will take ANYTHING not nailed down)...well...I'd take a credit and call it good business as well. Or even just a possible miscount...it is what it is now right? For all I know a case of markers busted in the truck and that's the spots...I tend to over analyze and am WAY too curious in general...

Of course the worst part is, with fluffy yellow stuff, it all looks the same really doesn't it? It's not like you can look at a 3 day old broiler and a 3 day old white anything else and go...Hmm...yes...that's the white broiler chick and that's the leghorn...because in photos online especially, they all look the same!
th.gif
But I'm thinking by the way the little vultures are sleeping as close to the food as possible they are the right birds...I even tried rearranging and changing where the heat lamp was and they looked at me crazy and still ran to sleep by the food...crops as big as their head and still eating...and my box was stamped 25cornish str run...here's hoping I just have 4 run aways
smile.png

ETA: I weighed them as a group (because I lack patience to weigh each one by one that tiny) and it is the most expensive 2.1 lbs of chicken I have ever bought! I called my husband to correct him even...because you know with him I HAD to win!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom