The most you will pay or have paid for a duck?

Pics

Crazy Maizie

Free Ranging
Jul 3, 2020
I was offered a duck for an outrageous price (imho). I was told it was show quality, but the pictures were not the best. I don't need show quality and there was no way to verify what the person was telling me via messages. Plus, the pics offered were of low quality. If you can't take a decent pic of a show quality bird, I am questioning the quality of the bird.
I do know of sources online to get show quality birds, so that's not my question.

So, I want to see what is the most you would pay for a duck?

How far would you drive?

I've got my limits, just wondering where others stand. 😁

I was offered a duck for an outrageous price (imho). I was told it was show quality, but the pictures were not the best. I don't need show quality and there was no way to verify what the person was telling me via messages. Plus, the pics offered were of low quality. If you can't take a decent pic of a show quality bird, I am questioning the quality of the bird.
I do know of sources online to get show quality birds, so that's not my question.

So, I want to see what is the most you would pay for a duck?

How far would you drive?

I've got my limits, just wondering where others stand. 😁
Depends on the type of duck and how bad I wanted it. Show quality calls can be very pricy! So are some other more exotic breeds like wood ducks or Mandarin. I'm not in to the show scene so that doesn't matter to me.

Depends on the type of duck and how bad I wanted it. Show quality calls can be very pricy! So are some other more exotic breeds like wood ducks or Mandarin. I'm not in to the show scene so that doesn't matter to me.
I inquired about a runner duck and they wanted quite a bit. I know they are on the conservancy list, but they are everywhere. The pics were fuzzy. I responded that I only am looking for backyard duck, not a show duck (they didn't list as such). I feel it was scamish.
I have also seen posts for $25 per duck for just normal pekins - and drakes at that. 🤔
So, it just makes me wonder what people actually pay for a duck.

Age is a critical factor here as well. When I sold my runner ducks recently, I charge $20 per hen, but they were at the perfect age for selling and commanding that price. They were just over a year old, were laying eggs almost every day, and perfect health.
It's funny you mention that, because I was checking out craigslist for a couple of extra Pekin hens and I contacted one place that said they wanted $30 per pekin for pet quality. Lol, I just said thanks for getting back to me but that's too expensive for me.
For a common breed such as a pekin, I would probably pay $15 at the most, and that's if she is not too old.

I inquired about a runner duck and they wanted quite a bit. I know they are on the conservancy list, but they are everywhere. The pics were fuzzy. I responded that I only am looking for backyard duck, not a show duck (they didn't list as such). I feel it was scamish.
I have also seen posts for $25 per duck for just normal pekins - and drakes at that. 🤔
So, it just makes me wonder what people actually pay for a duck.
You'd have to pay ME to take a runner. 🤭 Lol.
Yeah.. I see some outrageous ads on craigslist sometimes and wonder if anyone actually will buy them at that price.

Back
Top Bottom