THE MOTHER'S DAY HATCH-A-LONG!!!! The last day to join in and set eggs with us is April 28th.

I'll admit I confuse easily but...do Call Ducks not take 28 days like other ducks? If they do, 4 weeks from the 24th would take you to May 22nd - about 9 days after Mother's Day.

Ok...first I'm confused, lol. I thought because the last day to set was today, that Mother's Day was the 20th. No, Call ducks aren't like regular ducks, 24-25 or even 26 days, so yes they will be a couple days past Mother's day. And setting even chicken eggs today, they would go a week past Mother's Day. I do have a batch of eggs in the bator that are due exactly on the 13th. Here's my current hatch schedule based on what I have set right now.
5/5-incubator/broody
5/13-incubator
5/17-broody
5/19-incubator
And the eggs I set tonight will be due 5/18. So if eggs are supposed to hatch on Mother's Day, why are eggs being set up till today? So confused
th.gif

Last edited:
Ohhh I just set some eggs yesterday can I join in?

I set 14 BBS Marans eggs and 24 silkies mostly BBS a few lavender, partridger and a white.
3 Marans & 2 silkies were put under my broody Popocorn.... But unfortunately, today 1 of the silkie eggs had been moved to another nest.... I think it was only there an hour or so, so i stuck it in the incubator with the other eggs..... I have a feeling my other bantam Cochin is going broody and now trying to steal eggs! Ugh!! Poor Popcorn had a bloody comb from the egg steal.....

well.. here's mine for this hatch (still have a bunch of other eggs in the other bators for other hatches)

13 shipped BLRW

24 shipped muscovy from two different breeders

14 shipped goose eggs.. from 4 different breeders

a lot of the eggs had bad air cells... so that's why the goose and muscovy eggs are upright instead of laying on their sides... for now anyway... once the other bators are empty I can rearrange some eggs!

Here's my current hatch schedule based on what I have set right now.
5/5-incubator/broody
5/13-incubator
5/17-broody
5/19-incubator
And the eggs I set tonight will be due 5/18. So if eggs are supposed to hatch on Mother's Day, why are eggs being set up till today? So confused
th.gif
no idea... lol.. but I figured the eggs are gonna be in the bator anyway.. so if they want them in this hatch then it's fine with me!

here's my hatch dates:
5/4 - incubator
5/5 - incubator
5/7 - incubator
5/9 - incubator
5/12 - incubator
5/13 - incubator
5/19 - broody
5/20 - broody
5/24- incubator
5/25- incubator
5/28- incubator
6/1- incubator
6/2- incubator

Here's my submission for the broody hen contest!

And here are some just from today :)

The eggs

Forcing her to take a break :p

Aaaaand back to work!

CHICKEN MATH!!!

Chicken Addicts Anonymous been started yet?!

I am setting MORE eggs today! I just got a dozen silke eggs and will pop them in the incubator today. Since I already have duck eggs, and silkied Ameraucaunas set, I'm already in here. But SERIOUSLY.... you guys are terrible influences!!!!!!!!
There is a thread called Incubators Anonymous--if you feel the need to join. Just beware, we are all enablers!!
yippiechickie.gif

Chicken Addicts Anonymous
ep.gif

Hi, I'm what did I do, I've candles my eggs in the bator twice
wink.png
I've looked online for fertile in my area
big_smile.png
I'm planning on how to get more hatches in next year
lol.png
I'm looking at those who stack eggs.
tongue.png
I'm wondering why I have to go on vacation when I could be hatching eggs
hmm.png

Help me

You are welcome to join too!
gig.gif

Quote:
@Dutch CHic--- we would be setting forever without a last date to finalize this hatcha thon. GOodness , the Easter Hatch athon is still active!

@Yinepu--- You have a huge , ginornous, gigantic, big incubator!!

Yinpu,

Thanks for posting your incubator pics. It gave me the basket idea and that was key to getting the air to move properly thru the entire incubator. THe temps are running at 100-101.

Candled all my eggs last night. OMGosh I could see feet and wiggly babies. I have 2 batches that will be hatching next weekend. At least 85-90 percent fertility. The eggs I set for the Mothers Day hatch were replacements for some eggs I bought that out of 24, 18 were infertile. Well the replacements less than half are fertile. Won't be getting any more from that guy :( I'm hoping that my genesis bater does better than the Little Giant. The temps were all over the place. My Mother Day eggs should be hatching the weekend of 20th. Everyones eggs are so pretty, such a wonderful variety. Love the broodies, Hokankai's broody hens beautiful. They all have that motherly glow. Good luck everyone can't wait to see all the chick pics.:)

Back
Top Bottom