THE MOTHER'S DAY HATCH-A-LONG!!!! The last day to join in and set eggs with us is April 28th.

Cute, it's like in the second picture she is thinking, all right getting a little too close, then, the third pic...now your ARE getting too close, as she looks to have backed up a bit. LOL..

gig.gif
I love how you worded that

Oh oh, now I'm in trouble. I didn't candle the eggs first. I was moving others to lockdown and on impulse candled the Mother's Day Hatch eggs even though I knew I wouldn't see anything yet. One of them is a double yolker. I left it in there. Now I'm curious.

Now I have an issue with my eggs. I just went to candle the first ones I put in and when I grabbed a couple of the eggs that I just added yesterday..they were stuck to the turner. I didn't want to pry to hard cause I might break them. So now what do I do?

Last edited:
take some warm water and keep putting the water aound the eggs till they come out of the turner. it sounds like you may have eggs weeping

Chestnutridge! Thank you so much for reposting your candling pics for us. Even though I've looked at LOTS of candling pics, I always looked forward to your post every day during the Easter Hatch and will enjoy them just as much for the Mom's Day Hatchalong.

x2

Oh THIS IS SO FUN TO HAVE PICTURES OF OUR DEVELOPING EGGS!

Unfortunately, I might have nothing at all. I was to receive shipped eggs last week, but unfortunately the post office left them at the neighbors (who were renting), and they moved out. They were delivered Wednesday afternoon. I didn't realize they were actually sent because I was not contacted by email. That tells me that a shipper should probably always email the person receiving it so they are looking for it. Had I known that they were coming, I could have looked for it, asked where it was delivered, and maybe it would have set out only 24 hours. That would have given me a lot more change to save them. This way, .....(?)

Thursday was a mild day--50-80 during course.
Friday was about the same.
Saturday it went down to 50 but up to 90.
Sunday was another 50 to 80 day.
Monday was not quite so bad--50 to 70.

I got them on Monday at 5 p.m. They delivery confirmation was Wednesday around 3, so that means that they sat on their sides in the box for five days without being moved.

*sigh*

The shipper and I decided that I would put them in anyway. Sadly, I don't hope for great results as they were collected Friday through Monday, April 13-16. I got them ten days later.

But like the shipper told me, he keeps eggs for two weeks sometimes, and the hatch isn't that bad. So maybe, just maybe I will have some babies with you all.

He was kind enough to agree to ship me more eggs for just the price of postage--$20. I thought it was a real shame that happened, so I contacted the postmaster today (having just gotten the eggs yesterday after 5). She said she was going to look into it, and this was the first she heard of it. So maybe they won't do that trick again. New route carrier I guess. *sigh* Postmaster said, "trainer" needed to train better. Guess that's it, but it doesn't help me for having those eggs alive.
Sorry. May the luck be with you!

my broody pictures:

Pretty girls of spun gold!

Back
Top Bottom