THE MOTHER'S DAY HATCH-A-LONG!!!! The last day to join in and set eggs with us is April 28th.

Forgot to post my incubating eggs! We're on day 6 right now... candling night tomorrow.... can we make it?? Stress is killing us.... Those BBS Orps are gonna be the sweetest fuzzy butts ever.

Jane!!

Can I join? I set eleven LF Plymouth Barred Rocks & three bantam White Leghorn X bantam Plymouth Barred Rocks on 4/24. It's my first time using an incubator for hatching...

Here is an updated pic with the eggs I just added. I am hatching 12 Marans (some are Black French and some are Blue French, don't know how many of each) and 12 mixed of a Ameracauna hens and Wheaten Marans rooster. The ones with the "2" on them will hatch about 3 days after the Marans eggs. Sorry for the dark pic, I had to take it with my cell phone.

Can I join? I set eleven LF Plymouth Barred Rocks & three bantam White Leghorn X bantam Plymouth Barred Rocks on 4/24. It's my first time using an incubator for hatching...

LEghorn x bantam BR = SUPER CUTE !

I don't see a calibration mark on the thermometer--did it get calibrated??
hide.gif
Mine was and is off a bit.
hmm.png

He was kind enough to agree to ship me more eggs for just the price of postage--$20. I thought it was a real shame that happened, so I contacted the postmaster today (having just gotten the eggs yesterday after 5). She said she was going to look into it, and this was the first she heard of it. So maybe they won't do that trick again. New route carrier I guess. *sigh* Postmaster said, "trainer" needed to train better. Guess that's it, but it doesn't help me for having those eggs alive.

That's about the same story I got from the supervisor at my local p.o. when I went in carrying 3 boxes clearly marked hold for pick up with my contact #. "Oh, I'll talk to someone about it" My mail carrier actually yelled at me that it was my fault for not calling the p.o. Well, why is my phone number on the box if I'm supposed to call them? I give up!! With so many people unemployed, I wish they could hire someone that was happy to do their job correctly.

He was kind enough to agree to ship me more eggs for just the price of postage--$20. I thought it was a real shame that happened, so I contacted the postmaster today (having just gotten the eggs yesterday after 5). She said she was going to look into it, and this was the first she heard of it. So maybe they won't do that trick again. New route carrier I guess. *sigh* Postmaster said, "trainer" needed to train better. Guess that's it, but it doesn't help me for having those eggs alive.

That's about the same story I got from the supervisor at my local p.o. when I went in carrying 3 boxes clearly marked hold for pick up with my contact #. "Oh, I'll talk to someone about it" My mail carrier actually yelled at me that it was my fault for not calling the p.o. Well, why is my phone number on the box if I'm supposed to call them? I give up!! With so many people unemployed, I wish they could hire someone that was happy to do their job correctly.

When I quoted your quote, on white background, it looks like a copy and paste?

I had a problem with the PO smashing a dozen eggs; my complaint was I used one of their priority boxes so it should have been able to withstand the PO handling. I got a refund on the shipping cost, not the conformation though. Of course I resent another package to the customer, packing bigger and better, and cost me much more. sigh On the bright side the customer was happy.

THe PO was useless other than to be sympathetic. You always need to get to the person who can actutally do something about the problem. I called the customer service number, it's on the conformation receipts. YOu might try the usps web site for the number or as your local po for the number. I had to press the issue. GL

Back
Top Bottom