THE MOTHER'S DAY HATCH-A-LONG!!!! The last day to join in and set eggs with us is April 28th.

Happy Mother's day everyone.

So far I have 4 chicks from 24 shipped eggs. The first chick hatched at 10pm Friday night, 3 more chicks hatched late last night, and this morning i woke up to one more pip. This is only my second hatch, is it normal for the hatch to be so long drawn out? Temps were at 99.8 the whole time, humidity at 32% until lockdown at 62%.

Happy Mother's day to all

Reading all these posts has been fun. I can't wait for my eggs to hatch. I have mine under a hen and it seems so much easier than the incubators. It sounds like an exact science and a mystery to me.
BEST WISHES TO ALL!!!!

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone with hatchlings!!!!

ANd a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all !

I had one pip last night and now have many pips and 3 AM/EE out. THanks to DMRippy I am putting vetwrap on the legs just to be sure. THey should all have muffs.ANd tHe marans should be black with leg feathers and the BO should be solid white with pink legs. But I'm neurotic about those things and have put on leg bands already.
celebrate.gif

We need pics!!

I'm finished. 44 to start, 38 into lockdown, and 35 chicks. 11 sold. boy, was selling our babies hard.

Would it be ok to blow out the top of the bator with the air hose in the shop? Would it hurt stuff in there?

Pictures coming soon.

35 chicks

19 my barnyard mix
1 silkie
2 blue barred rocks
3 LFX
3 OE
4 OEGB/serama
3 MF d'uccles

And more pipped

I think the 3 dozen I got from SCG got so badly scrambled atthe po they are not going to hatch they started to develop but wheI look at them now the air cells are still unattached and very wonky. I hear peeps from a few of the eggs Sao hopefully maybe a few will hatch.

This was so much fun. My next hatch is the 17-20 bantam amers,blue polish, blue sizzles and more silkes I think.

Next week I am setting Seramas from Laura at CDS, my Serama eggs, my d'uccles, BBS silkies, my Silkies and what ever eggs I get from the may swap.

And I'm getting some silkie Seramas and some smooth Seramas in the mail as well as some buff Cornish and white rocks so I can breed my. Own meaties.

It's a dream chicken week for me. If I am lucky my goose eggs will hatch too.

35 chicks

19 my barnyard mix
1 silkie
2 blue barred rocks
3 LFX
3 OE
4 OEGB/serama
3 MF d'uccles

And more pipped

I think the 3 dozen I got from SCG got so badly scrambled atthe po they are not going to hatch they started to develop but wheI look at them now the air cells are still unattached and very wonky. I hear peeps from a few of the eggs Sao hopefully maybe a few will hatch.

This was so much fun. My next hatch is the 17-20 bantam amers,blue polish, blue sizzles and more silkes I think.

Next week I am setting Seramas from Laura at CDS, my Serama eggs, my d'uccles, BBS silkies, my Silkies and what ever eggs I get from the may swap.

And I'm getting some silkie Seramas and some smooth Seramas in the mail as well as some buff Cornish and white rocks so I can breed my. Own meaties.

It's a dream chicken week for me. If I am lucky my goose eggs will hatch too.

Back
Top Bottom