THE MOTHER'S DAY HATCH-A-LONG!!!! The last day to join in and set eggs with us is April 28th.

My salmon faverolles hatched 8 live black australorps today and 1 chick didn't make full hatch and we had to kill it after several hours.8 eggs left and have NO idea if they're viable. next 24 hrs will tell. Hoping for maybe a faverolles/australorp mix from suzettes(the sf) eggs that I didn't remove when she went broody.

Last edited:
I have three poults out. One pipped and one sorta out. I don't think it's going to make it. I'm going to assist in a little while it's been like this for 24 hours.

I haven't seen a Sizzle yet! Thanks for sharing the picture
smile.png

A frizzled silkie. This is my chicken although it is the previous owners picture.

Okay--so I have one silkie chick out and nothing yet on the other 8 eggs. I am hoping that they are just late starters and will pip soon. My broody silkie is sitting tight on her 2 eggs and will destroy anything or anyone who comes near them. She is so cute. Please let this be a good hatch!!!

Okay--so I have one silkie chick out and nothing yet on the other 8 eggs. I am hoping that they are just late starters and will pip soon. My broody silkie is sitting tight on her 2 eggs and will destroy anything or anyone who comes near them. She is so cute. Please let this be a good hatch!!!
Mine hatched like that. Will get pics up in a min..but I had one hatch two days early, then one came one day early, and then two others one came the night before due date, then one was on due date. One of the strangest hatches I've had in a long time. The last one to hatch didn't make it. :(

Well my eggs are on day 14 and I just candled them. Is it possible for my broody hens eggs to be ahead of my bator eggs?
idunno.gif
Because I candled the bator eggs and they are coming along nicely compared to the day to day photos on here they seem to be right on track. But my hens eggs seem to be like on day 16!

Is this even possible? This week cant go by fast enough! Lol You guys are making me jealous with all these chick pics.

The first chick to pip yesterday had not made progress by this afternoon, several others had pipped and zipped, so I opened the pip site a bit larger. The blood vessels didn't look ready. Patience. When I recheck ed that chick severl hours later, no progress yet 8 other chicks out.

I took it to the bathroom to get warm water and opened up the egg. THe chick is resting half in the shell. Will see if with a little rest it will continue to hatch. Go, little buff, go!

Here are my four baby Silkies.

I'm curious as to what that last color is..will have to go to the Silkie thread and ask....or, if anyone here knows, sure is pretty.

Here are my four baby Silkies.

I'm curious as to what that last color is..will have to go to the Silkie thread and ask....or, if anyone here knows, sure is pretty.
I love baby silkies. The last chicks with the brown is a Partridge.
smile.png
But if anyone tells you the eyeliner means hen dont believe them. My little partridge has eyeliner and someone told me that the little one was a hen, it grew up and was the first one to crow....
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom