THE MOTHER'S DAY HATCH-A-LONG!!!! The last day to join in and set eggs with us is April 28th.

Quote: You are welcome to join the thread Incubators Anonymous!!
big_smile.png

Arielle..you have turkey poults>they are so dang cute! I did three of those once. They were so fun to watch, and to listen to. Cute little noises they make. Their tummies were so full of yolk, and so round, they had a hard time keeping right side up. They would make this sound, and I knew it after a while..they were calling fore hep. Only took them a day to get right side up most of the time. Too cute.
I bought a hen and tom last year, and the rest, as they say, is history. Love the Bourbon Red--pretty and so nice!! At least mine are.

Quote: Consider it just a break. THough some of these incubators have a more difficult time maintaining temps in the summer heat.

I have a tiny pip!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

so I got a better flashlight and although I couldn't see anything really I did see a glow at the pointy end and aircells. I opened them and nothing. So thats 0 of 16. :( I really hoped to get something from roo. He was the sweetest roo you could ever hope for and I wanted at least 1 baby from him. *sigh

so I got a better flashlight and although I couldn't see anything really I did see a glow at the pointy end and aircells. I opened them and nothing. So thats 0 of 16. :( I really hoped to get something from roo. He was the sweetest roo you could ever hope for and I wanted at least 1 baby from him. *sigh
Ahh Im sorry. It is very discouraging when you wait so long for nothing.
hugs.gif
I thought that was going to be me this round. But its the end of day 21 and 3 have pipped. Not doing anything else but they have pipped at least!
smile.png

How disappointing.
hugs.gif

I'm down to the last few eggs to hatch for this 54egg set. Until a moment ago, I was disappointed that so many EE didn't hatch and despite the 99 degrees in the incubator, the eggs have gone cold. THen I realized how old these egg were. I held them much longer than I usually do. WIll check the dates on the eggs.

I used the warmth test to sort the eggs in to hopeful and hopeless. Hopless just put to one side of the incubator, still a little hope really.
fl.gif
And the hot eggs. I decided as time will soon be running out, day 21 was yesterday, and so many cold eggs already , I had nothing to lose by poling a hole in the aircell end. On the first try , the chick was still moving!!

THen I touch the turkeys, due today. One already cold. The other still wiggling so I hope the extra air will help it live until pip and zip. Other wise I will open it.
wee.gif

I don't usually do egtopsies; it bothers me at a visceral level. I do it if I don't know what is happening or curiosity out weighs the yuck factor.

Sorry for the rant.

I think we all need help
lau.gif
The only thing stopping me from joining the fathers day hatch is a business trip at the end of June.... So I guess I'm lucky ... If you call that lucky. Yep and I am building coop #2
hide.gif
Now who do you think needs help!!!!
I'm with you... never sure which "a long" to join. I'm kinda with this one for the advice, then with the May 7th one for the 3 that are surviving from my BYM group... local eggs, who knows? Then the first week of June I should have a bunch..... and I'm stretching it, but a bunch.... of fluffy butts hatching. I suppose that may just be considered the Father's Day hatch, but... aaaarrrgh, who knows.

I think I'm just a jumper. Haaaaa!

well...I think im gonna give the father's day hatchalong a shot. I want some turkeys, BCM, a silkie or two and some more seramas...actually I'd also like 2nd-3rd generation OEs...and pure ameracaunas...Oh and a shamo. LOL my wish list always grows and never gets filled with the ones I want...then I keep the ones I hatch because I like them. LOL

guess I'll go shopping

Back
Top Bottom