The Motley Chicks! ~*WEEK 10*~

Quote:
I know, Hubert's new name Judy Cumberdale may or may not stick, but they are hopefully soon to be adopted (the bantams). Our friend in the country hasn't been very serious about taking them (Nugget, Judy/Hubert and Dante). So we may be looking for a new home. I'm sad about that, cause at least if they're close I could still take pictures of them and visit and maybe even have playdates, lol.
Thanks for the comments too! Marjie is a bit of a spaz (as typical of Minorcas), but once you catch her, she'll sit in your lap for however long you want her too.
smile.png

Quote:
Molly is a pure-bred Easter Egger. LOL. Sold as an Ameracauna, but of course "just" an Easter Egger. I love her anyway, soooo pretty. My brother thinks she looks like an Eagle.
Your RIR's look like Molly?? Alice is supposedly 1/2 RIR (she's a production red, which is supposed to be 1/2 RIR and 1/2 NHR, but coming from a hatchery, uh, I dunno the true %s). Maybe you could post pics of them in the "What breed/gender?" topic and we can figure out what you have there. I'm sure they are lovely birds!

Quote:
Well, Hubert (Judy) was named by my younger brother, and yes, the name did come from Salad Fingers, hehehehehehehe. Now that I think of it, Hubert should've been re-named Barbara Logan Price, not Judy, sooooo......hmmmmmmm
Marjorie's name is a little different from the Salad Fingers' Marjory Stewart Baxter. I guess he took Marjorie and then Jeremy Fisher's last name for Marjorie Fischer! We spell it a little different tho-
Hubert Cumberdale, the chicken, who may now be Judy, or perhaps Barbara Logan Price, does not, however, like the cartoon, does not taste like poo and soot (I think).. lol

Last edited:
I just wanted to say your chicks are growing beautifully. btw..I'm pretty sure Dante is a girl.
wink.png

Quote:
Thanks a bunch! Yeah, Dante, being a Cochin, I thought maybe was just maturing slow, for a roo anyway. But I agree, she does looks to be a girlie. Which is cool considering out of 8 chickens only 1 turned out to be a boy! Only 1 crowing, and pathetically at that! If I can find the video I took with little Nug crowing (it's a horrible, 3 or 4 second video of the outside of the coop. You can't even see any of the chickens, but you can hear his squeaky attempt at crowing). He started "crowing" at about only 5-6 weeks old!!

Soooo, I have decided to stick with Hubert's original name. It is much cuter than Judy,
smile.png

Also, no pics this week, it's just too cold and the coop's not big enough for me to crawl in to get pictures- next week should be warmer!

Back
Top Bottom