The myth of non-spill chicken feeders

mine is zero waste... but I use a huge trashcan...

I have no idea how I would be able to fill those tiny tunes without spilling the bag onto the ground. With a trashcan I just dump in the entire bag.

At first they were able to bill out some feed from a couple ports... but I added collars to those and achieved zero waste.

20200710_133309.jpg 20180427_182331.jpg

I’ve built mine off this and won’t ever use anything else.
I built one off of this model, too, and will never use something like this again. They billed the food out. It has no lip and no way to stop them from doing that.

If you insist on PVC pipe, you have to make sure there is a lip of some sort that stops the chickens from billing the food out. Most designs do not have one.

This is the only feeder that has worked for me.

I built one off of this model, too, and will never use something like this again. They billed the food out. It has no lip and no way to stop them from doing that.

If you insist on PVC pipe, you have to make sure there is a lip of some sort that stops the chickens from billing the food out. Most designs do not have one.

This is the only feeder that has worked for me.
I have to stand corrected. Aarts funnel feeder is what I am referring to.

I have to stand corrected. Aarts funnel feeder is what I am referring to.
Cool. Would you mind editing your comment with the correct link (to aart's feeder)? That other feeder thread is still being passed around and tricking people into thinking it's effective, when it's not... I wasted a bunch of time building that feeder only to find that it's not waste-proof at all. Don't want others being misled as well.

Find my Broody Bath Time post. 12 four week old chicks having a bath while broody keeps the flock at bay.
What I cannot get video of is them hopping into my lap to get a crop rubbed and see if there’s tasty treats floating around.

We use the feeders that John suscovich uses for his broilers. they are pretty great! Not exactly sure if they are what you are looking for, but they are PVC! (Should be able to Google it and it should come right up.)

Back
Top Bottom