-The Mythics RP-

What.
An eerie silence had enfolded Ember- she remained quiet, watching the rest of the crew with a razor stare.
She wasn't sure if Jintao was insulting, or complimenting her. His tone suggested the latter, but it could be shrouded sarcasm. Underhanded jeering, perhaps.
The Harpy fixed him with an expressionless look, searching his face for some sort of emotion or message, trying to understand his thoughts.
Would she have concluded he was genuine, had the circumstances been different? Was she concluding that? Or was she at some form of an impasse? Stuck between knowing truthfully that he meant it, and between the fact that the first thing he had done upon their meeting was begin to insult her.
And perhaps, a bit of her own flaw interfering.
Ember shook herself mentally from the thoughts, avoiding the guilt once again as she turned her gaze back to the captain, the usual stone-cold shield returning. She waited for Vhanya's reply.

Nautilus couldn't help but stare at Jintao for a moment, surprise showing briefly and genuinely on her face for the first time since meeting the human.
Was he actually defending the Quarermisstress?

@Lacy Duckwing
@_-Captain BRM-_
@RDchicken99
@Amer
@Isabella6Storm4
Coal was paralyzed with terror. He wanted to scream “If you shoot, we’ll all die!” But he was afraid that crying out would startle her into pulling the trigger. He relaxed when Vanya de-escalated the situation. He hoped she would demote Ember. She already acted like she owned the place, and giving her power would only make it worse. Coal was beginning to regret joining the crew. His trigger-happy sister was going to make every molehill into a mountain.
Before she knew it, she was laughing. She took off her hat and held it to her chest, peals of laughter filling the small room. Catching her breath took some effort, still clinging to her hat, she wiped at her eyes and managed between chuckles, “you lot are horrible. Truly.”
”Jintao, my friend, I’d say you have a deathwish- and I must agree with you, my timing was certainly impeccable.“

She sighed, quiet laughter still under her breath, “Ember, whether you were planning on following through with your threat or not, pulling a flintlock in a room full of gunpowder is not something one should toy about with.”

Her tone shifted slightly, good humor now disguising an edge, “there will not be any unnecessary blood spilled on this ship. Am I clear? And that goes for all of you,“ to add to her point, she fixed every soul in the room with a stare, “you’d best not find yourself in a situation where I have to remind you, aye?”

Returning her hat to her head, she stated, “I’ve got us a crew of nearly eighty-seven men arriving come sundown. I’ll be expecting spotless behavior from every soul here.“

@Lacy Duckwing
@-Shade-
@_-Captain BRM-_
@Isabella6Storm4
Jintao opened his mouth a little, allowing his tongue to slide through his teeth. Humor at a time like this was not expected. He felt cheated by it, then again, he had seen his last Captain laugh in moments uncalled for. Perhaps it was the sign of nervousness or the fear of death feeling like foolishness. Whether it was either, he could never quite understand it and never desired to.
"A deathwish? No," he glanced at Ember. Her posture had changed, which he hoped was a good thing. "Impressed is more like it. She bore enough self control to not set him ablaze so I believe she had enough left over to not pull the trigger."
Jintao looked at Gecko. The Harpy was sulking in the shadows with the terror still in his expression. Gecko kept his stare on the Hybrid with hidden tremors raking his body.
"Unfortunately," Jintao returned his focus on the Captain, "I wouldn't have hesitated with a blade. Someone dishonoring the higher rank in that way usually isn't classified as 'innocent.'"
The Harpy eyes met his as he said his last words. Gecko sat down behind the barrels, his fear further showing. Jintao gave a slight nod. Driving a crew to order with fear was what he was used to and Gecko was proving to be his first victim.

"I will be looking forward to meeting the new crew," Jintao said. "I'm assuming they are much more experienced than a few of us here, correct?"

@RDchicken99
@-Shade-
@_-Captain BRM-_
@Isabella6Storm4
@Amer

Before she knew it, she was laughing. She took off her hat and held it to her chest, peals of laughter filling the small room. Catching her breath took some effort, still clinging to her hat, she wiped at her eyes and managed between chuckles, “you lot are horrible. Truly.”
”Jintao, my friend, I’d say you have a deathwish- and I must agree with you, my timing was certainly impeccable.“

She sighed, quiet laughter still under her breath, “Ember, whether you were planning on following through with your threat or not, pulling a flintlock in a room full of gunpowder is not something one should toy about with.”

Her tone shifted slightly, good humor now disguising an edge, “there will not be any unnecessary blood spilled on this ship. Am I clear? And that goes for all of you,“ to add to her point, she fixed every soul in the room with a stare, “you’d best not find yourself in a situation where I have to remind you, aye?”

Returning her hat to her head, she stated, “I’ve got us a crew of nearly eighty-seven men arriving come sundown. I’ll be expecting spotless behavior from every soul here.“

@Lacy Duckwing
@-Shade-
@_-Captain BRM-_
@Isabella6Storm4
Jintao opened his mouth a little, allowing his tongue to slide through his teeth. Humor at a time like this was not expected. He felt cheated by it, then again, he had seen his last Captain laugh in moments uncalled for. Perhaps it was the sign of nervousness or the fear of death feeling like foolishness. Whether it was either, he could never quite understand it and never desired to.
"A deathwish? No," he glanced at Ember. Her posture had changed, which he hoped was a good thing. "Impressed is more like it. She bore enough self control to not set him ablaze so I believe she had enough left over to not pull the trigger."
Jintao looked at Gecko. The Harpy was sulking in the shadows with the terror still in his expression. Gecko kept his stare on the Hybrid with hidden tremors raking his body.
"Unfortunately," Jintao returned his focus on the Captain, "I wouldn't have hesitated with a blade. Someone dishonoring the higher rank in that way usually isn't classified as 'innocent.'"
The Harpy eyes met his as he said his last words. Gecko sat down behind the barrels, his fear further showing. Jintao gave a slight nod. Driving a crew to order with fear was what he was used to and Gecko was proving to be his first victim.

"I will be looking forward to meeting the new crew," Jintao said. "I'm assuming they are much more experienced than a few of us here, correct?"

@RDchicken99
@-Shade-
@_-Captain BRM-_
@Isabella6Storm4
@Amer
Ember's lips parted slightly in shock. She stared blankly at the human, occasionally allowing a brief glance to the Captain.
Impressed?
For once, she was robbed of words, her usual blunt manner withdrawing with the surprise of the events unfolding, and leaving a dry, emotionless expression behind.

@Lacy Duckwing
@RDchicken99
@_-Captain BRM-_
@Isabella6Storm4
@Amer
(She's too stunned right now to really do anything, all I can do for now is RP her reaction and follow along to everyone else's stuff 😭 )

@RDchicken99
@-Shade-
@_-Captain BRM-_
@Isabella6Storm4
@Amer
I can’t believe some people here got promoted purely on first impressions, thought Coal. The human man did seem like he might know what he was doing, and if the Siren had not proved that she knew what she was doing, she had done nothing to prove she didn’t, and besides, she was a Siren, and that had to count for something on a ship.
But Ember acted on dangerous impulse, and Coal had followed her on board, and she had done nothing to prove her worthiness as a pirate save her grit. Yet she acted like these words that the captain had bestowed upon her, “Quartermistress” somehow deserved respect after not even 24 hours of service. Words were wothless. What about actions?
He had many more thoughts along the same lines. All of his excitement about meeting his sister had turned bitter, and in his disappointment he disliked her more than he would have a stranger.
He wasn’t about to speak up though. He’d had so many guns pointed in his direction that day that he came to the conclusion that any word out of his mouth was insubordination.
He was quickly learning that perhaps submission was best.

I'm gonna chicken out if I don't just put this here already 😭 I'm gonna say don't expect anything else from me anytime this week but this is me actually making some kind of commitment 😭

I don't really know who this is but she seems cool, I guess I'll figure her out as we go 🥲

Name: Solus
Species: Aqrabaumelu
Physical Appearance: Fairly tall and thin typical teenage girl (I don’t know!) Dark brown straight hair that comes just below her shoulders. Lightly tanned skin. Her tail is thin and scorpion looking, a colour that matches her hair but with streaks of black. For the occasional times she chooses to be around other people and has to hide her identity she uses a simple non hooded cloak (she prefers her tail to be free to use at any given moment) and gloves.
Personality: Sol's true personality is kinda sweet and kind. But because of the circumstances of her life her first instinct has become to be on the defence, resulting in being extremely slow to trust. Due to her solitary life, when around others she can often be somewhat absent minded, two years living alone in a world she’s been told is out to kill her probably did some things to her mind… Relies on her tail before any other weapon or skill she may have.
Backstory (optional): I only know bits and pieces rn...
I have no idea what I'm doing but... 🎶 If you don't try then you might never know 🎶
I'm going to bed now or I won't shut up.

I'm gonna chicken out if I don't just put this here already 😭 I'm gonna say don't expect anything else from me anytime this week but this is me actually making some kind of commitment 😭

I don't really know who this is but she seems cool, I guess I'll figure her out as we go 🥲

Physical Appearance: Fairly tall and thin typical teenage girl (I don’t know!) Dark brown straight hair that comes just below her shoulders. Lightly tanned skin. Her tail is thin and scorpion looking, a colour that matches her hair but with streaks of black. For the occasional times she chooses to be around other people and has to hide her identity she uses a simple non hooded cloak (she prefers her tail to be free to use at any given moment) and gloves.
Personality: Sol's true personality is kinda sweet and kind. But because of the circumstances of her life her first instinct has become to be on the defence, resulting in being extremely slow to trust. Due to her solitary life, when around others she can often be somewhat absent minded, two years living alone in a world she’s been told is out to kill her probably did some things to her mind… Relies on her tail before any other weapon or skill she may have.
I have no idea what I'm doing but... 🎶 If you don't try then you might never know 🎶
yaaaay!:celebrate

(Yipeee)

Galen flew upwards to get a good view of the cove before descending towards the Quicksilver. With a strong beat of his wings, he leveled himself out and landed gently on the crows' nest.
He didn't see anyone on deck though he could sense their presence so they must be below.
He stood still with his wings tucked tightly behind his back hoping to appear more human and draw as little attention to himself as possible. yes, he had just descended from the sky, he knew, but he could at least try. The people here had guns and he wasn't sure they would take kindly to a harpy in the cove.
Waiting at ground level was out of the question and trying to find his way through the ship by himself was also not going to happen. Until someone he could recognize made an appearance, he would stay here.
With the night gone, things had gotten a little more difficult.

(Arachnid gang! Yeah!! :celebrate)

I love this! :wee

Back
Top Bottom