The Natural Chicken Keeping thread - OTs welcome!

Here is a video of my little ones chowing down on FF :)
Adorable!
love.gif

Dang!!!!!!

I just want to say I have never had so much looking at pictures in the last 15 minutes! Aoxa, your poodle is adorable. BDM, your kids picnic was sweet, and it was fun to see Delisha's grow out pens (you'ld die laughing if you saw my cobbled together setup). And the roosters!

I know what ya mean. Here is my throw together, temp covered enclosed run to deter my hawk problem.
LL

Until next month when I build their permanent coop and run.

Do you find your thighs tough? Still after doing all recommended sitting before freezing (minus brining) the thighs are still a bit tough. Breast meat is delicious and tender. Is it just because I'm not used to any dual purpose birds? Is it because they free range and work up a lot of muscle?

Should I just brine them?
yes they are tough. Not too tough to eat, but you need to cut the dark meat off the bone to eat it if you know what I mean. It doesn't tear well with teeth. I did the brine thing with one and it helped a lot. Dual purpose skinny boys who build up leg muscles.I need to remember to brine them all. Like you said the breast meat is incredible.

Quote: Thank you very much for your input about Privett and your chicks. Really I do not need show quality chicks although who wouldn't want the most beautiful birds possible.
wink.png
I just don't want unhealthy inferior chicks of course. Sounds like you made out alright which gives me more confidence about it. I have a few weeks yet to sort it out so will continue gathering information.

Ok I have figured out most of the abbreviations but what is "DE" and DH, I dnt have one of those anymore;). But ive been trying to figure out something I can put in the coop for the moisture and smell. So just wondering :idunno

Back
Top Bottom