The Natural Chicken Keeping thread - OTs welcome!

@mlowen
I don't see your tunnels on the coop page..... want to post some here?
pop.gif

I've had chicks in my main garden all season, due to having too many separate batches. The last two in the garden now were brooded by a new "maybe want to be a mom", and she only knew how to set, and I had to save the last two chicks. Looks like they are both pullets!! No one has done damage to any of the vegetable plants.

For the tunnels I built frames from 4 to 12 feet long, 2 feet wide. I cut 4 foot 2x4 welded wire fencing the length of the frame and stapled/u-nailed it on the sides of the frame. That makes the "tunnel" part a perfect height for the chickens. They look like high school track runners when they run down the tunnels, jumping over the cross braces.

For the tunnels I built frames from 4 to 12 feet long, 2 feet wide. I cut 4 foot 2x4 welded wire fencing the length of the frame and stapled/u-nailed it on the sides of the frame. That makes the "tunnel" part a perfect height for the chickens. They look like high school track runners when they run down the tunnels, jumping over the cross braces.
I love those tunnels...great idea!

@mlowen

It looks like you are using your tunnels to primarily move chickens from one covered area to another. Are all the areas that you let them into completely covered over the top for hawk protection?

for your tunnels how do you keep them from rolling over in the wind? I like the tunnel idea.

Back
Top Bottom