The Natural Chicken Keeping thread - OTs welcome!

This complication seems pretty bad! I haven't checked in here for a while, been in another thread. But it's nice to be back on the site and this thread

wondering if any of the natural chicken people have looked into the issue of organics fraud. i started a thread about it, and would appreciate your input. https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/organic-feed-that-is-really-actually-organic.1174356/
I'm not surprised, I personally don't worry about buying organic feeds, or non gmo for my chickens. I do buy some organic produce for us humans though, and try to grow as much as possible. My chickens work the land which 's definitely organic, but that's as far as I personally go. Many of my chickens live good long lives, so it never seemed like an issue for me, nor worth buy into the hoopla of organic chicken feed.

I agree with you Old Hen. I won't even buy organic food for myself, unless I happen to be at the health food store, or stop at a small road side stand. I am focused on growing as much of my family's food as possible, and after that, I simply buy what's on sale. My chickens get the cheapest feed I can buy, with my focus being this: It must be recently milled. Am I concerned about contamination of our food sources. Sure am. Especially the GMO's. But, not b/c of the genetic engineering. I'm concerned b/c the crops are heavily contaminated with Glyphosphates. I won't even use Round Up in my yard to kill poison ivy.

Back
Top Bottom